cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

trading story

Guy I know.

1980, and Bunkie Hunt is cornering the silver market.

He'd left a Chicago firm and was running an IB office in the hinterlands.  A senior person in the firm- who would become a famous wealthy player in Chicago- called him up one day and said he had a referral " a friend's nephew" would like to open an account and he was good people.

Kid shows up a couple of days later and opens an account, makes a big deposit, and then just hangs around for a couple weeks, doesn't make a trade. Then one day he puts on a huge short silver position. The next day the Feds announce silver is in liquidate only mode and the market collapses.

A couple of weeks later the "nephew" clears out the account and disappears, never to be seen again.

There is a great crime behind every great fortune.

4 Replies
bruce MN
Advisor

Re: trading story

But.....Hillary’s steers

sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

Same firm, btw.

sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

The Clintons were, of course, moderately, small time dirty.

And bit players in some larger Reagan/Bush Deep State stuff etc.

Not to pardon them in the least, but the (pre-QAnon) industry of making them devils incarnate is in a direct line back to where the current Republic threatening multi-hued nihilism.

You really can't legitimately hate them without also hating Newt, Rush et al.

michaelshah694
Visitor

I completely agree with you. These days, many people try to make a profit at the expense of others. And not only this story speaks to this, but also in investments. Everyone is trying to find a reliable broker to multiply their income several times over. I decided to try it myself and found a great offer from investous.com. Now I try to invest as much money as possible in stocks and commodities. And I start with a small amount. And I spend my money. And ask any millionaire how he earned his first million. No one will tell you. But I think it's pretty clear that he didn't make it legal. They can tell you how they made all but their first million.