Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

16 Replies
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: Post Office teetering on insolvency.

This article blows a nice big hole in your article.

http://www.themountainmail.com/main.asp?SectionID=7&SubSectionID=7&ArticleID=22085

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: Suggest that you contact the Post Office........

For people that supposedly distrusts the government, that you would rather believe them, is hilarious!! Personally, I believe the Union.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

@GreaTOne_65 wrote:

This article blows a nice big hole in your article.

http://www.themountainmail.com/main.asp?SectionID=7&SubSectionID=7&ArticleID=22085

I agree. The new York Times is a liberal piece of crap lieing rag of a news paper. Not even worth putting in the bottom of a bird cage.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Your little buddy, Cougar thought is was something special. Now you don't agree with him? I don't think you guys know what your talking about any more. Must be teapartyitis.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

The US Postal service is hitting up the US tax payer for money it neither needs or deserves. As your article points out, they are making money. They just want to shift their pension obligations from the union to the US tax payers and are threatening to shut down if they don't get their way.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Let them shut down. It would open a door for someone to take over.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

One thing I see that is totally wrong is the statement that postal workers get better health benefits than other federal employees.  ALL federal employees have the same options on insurance.  There are a few people like heads of departments, postmasters, etc who have a few more options and some have added requirements like being a member of a certain union (which a union member cannot stirke or walk out either along with no lay off) but most have the same options.  Also, the UPS folks have a much better retirement plan that the PO.

Veteran Advisor

PO management has said this???