Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hawken Cougar
Senior Contributor

16 Replies
cowfarmer
Senior Contributor

Re: DNC head blames Tea Party for Giffords shooting

I thought this kid was like the Columbine kids who hated everyone, I never got the notion he was right or left.

wehav
Senior Contributor

The DNC is the most corrupt and dishonest organization in America today.

When the facts later became known about shooter Loughner, we found out that he had absolutely no political ideology at all. He was not a Tea Partier, he was not a conservative, and he had no connection to the political right. The truth is he had no coherent political ideology at all and he was not involved in the political debate of the day. In fact, we found out he had been obsessed with Giffords for several years before the Tea Party even started. A mental disorder fueled his obsession with Giffords not politics.

The truth is, despite the constant refrain from the Old Media, the purported "violent rhetoric" of America's center right had no affect on Loughner’s criminal actions at all.

So, the whole point here is that linking the "political atmosphere" in 2011 to Loughner’s crime is not a legitimate one to make. But there is a reason why this same meme is added to the recounting of Giffords' shooting every time it is brought up. It redounds harshly on conservatives because it is their political rhetoric that always becomes the thing to blame for the crime. And the Old Media loves to pin the blame, falsely, on the conservative right.

GreaTOne_65
Senior Contributor

You think so? All they need to do is read some of the posts from the Golden Boy Milligan! HAHA! Even in your short sighted mind, YOU know I'm right. Not to worry, though, about Jared, the right has managed to convince the press to keep it quiet, you know, NATIONAL SECURITY, and all that. What could be more damaging, to the GOP  than to find out he was a blooming right-wing wacko? Talk about LUCK!

dagwud
Senior Contributor

GTO: "YOU know I'm right. Not to worry, though, about Jared, the right has managed to convince the press to keep it quiet, you know, NATIONAL SECURITY, and all that. What could be more damaging, to the GOP  than to find out he was a blooming right-wing wacko? Talk about LUCK!"

Seriously GTO do the facts even enter into your thinking process?   Please show me just one piece of evidence that shows

Loughner was a Repub or conservative Tea Partier or that his shooting had anything to do with the Tea Party.   Your desperation to constantly paint all Repubs as bad has got you looking like you are more then a few cards short of a deck.

I think it is a sad day when politicians of either party use a horrible tragedy like the Gifford's shooting for purely political gain.   However I understand you are incapable of understanding that concept unless it is carried out by Repubs.

wehav
Senior Contributor

dagwud, we've long ago established that GTO is not a wise man.

kraft-t
Senior Advisor

Don't be so defensive. He is not claiming you are responsible nor Romney, nor Bush, nor Paul. If I understand him right he is blaming the one individual who happened to be in your political club. Or are you claiming that all people that think like you are blameless?

If he is a right wing wacko, it is very much possible that we have a left wing wacko on our side that is capable of doing the same or worse.

On the other hand all the vitrole being directed towards Barrack Obama by the campaigners from the right and the over zealous right wingers on these pages never is challenged by you. I wonder why that is.

kraft-t
Senior Advisor

I know for a fact he is a wise man. In fact we both are. We were there together. He brought the frankinsense and I brought the mirth (sp)

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

As per your usual accuracy, you are wrong.  Only in the rightwing method of operation of making sure anything said by a Democrat is wrong or an out and out lie, did she blame the Tea Party for the shooting..

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/01/12/dnc-chief-accused-blaming-tea-party-for-giffords-shooting...

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

Actually, that is basically what the DNC chief was talking about.  Ever since this new brand of conservatism was born--the Tea Party--the political tone has heated up.  Repub leaders constantly have said that their only goal in life was to unseat Obama.  Not even a whisper about the country and the American People!  Maybe it is all just coincedental that it started at the same time as the new fire brands that call themselves Tea Partiers but it did start all the same.  All those new Congressmen and women who came on the scene with their "my way or the highway" attitudes have helped create an atmosphere of unrest and discord.  I don't know if the guy was after Giffords because he hated her politics or was angry because he wanted in her knickers and couldn't or what, but since just about anyone can buy and carry a gun in Arizona, I do blame the ultra conservatives for that fact.