cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Veteran Contributor

Re: Re:Another poison thread

3020 the rush to justice on getting things turned around sure didn't seem to bother Bush supporters.  Obama has held office for less than two years, he has passed some milestone intiatives, hes is digging his way through an inherited recession and everyone wants everything to be instantly fixed.  It could be so much worse if the Bush/Obama bailouts and stimulus intiatives were not completed.  Could they have done better, sure, all of us can do better with hindsight. 

Senior Advisor

Bruce, it did bother Bush supporters, that's why the repubs lost in 06. The dems have had the congress for 4 years and the White House for 2 and people are not seeing things headed in the right direction, in fact it is just the opposite. Our government is too big. The Dems are not talking about down sizing, they only talk about increasing it's size. The path we are on is unsustainable. The answer is not found in more government, it is found less government.

Veteran Advisor

Re: Yes Kraft

From where I sit there is lots of racism involved. I bet some do not even realize just how racist their thoughts are.

We hear the excuse that Mr. Obama was elected 'because all the black people voted for him' as a reason he got so many votes. I think there were at least as many people, indeed probably more people, who voted against him because he has black skin. Therefore the argument of blacks being racist is at least offset by the white racists.

Which means the majority vote Obama got was because people did not want McCain or Republicans in power.

Senior Advisor

Re: Yes Kraft

Or Canuck, it could be that people disagree with Obama'a policies and think we need to control spending. I voted for Mc Cain, not because of Obama's color but because of his radical associations and his the most liberal  member of congress voting record. It is not that I wanted McCain, I didn't want nationalised health care or cap and trade. Once you start these programs, even if you change leadership, it is nearly impossible to kill the programs. To keep throwing the racist charge around is down right childish.

Senior Advisor

What did republicans ever do to make government smaller?

We can afford government but we must be willing to pay for it. The trouble is you don't want to tax the people that can afford to pay taxes.