Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

15 Replies
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: Obama debt ceiling letter

Why am I not surprised you'd post a letter from a known liar? Maybe because all Republicans are liars?? All that is, Cougar is political posturing, from the next golden boy of the Republican party, that is provided there is a Republican party after 2012.

http://crooksandliars.com/karoli/marco-rubio-immigrant-not-exile

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Re:Dear Mr. Rubio

Raising the debt ceiling does not mean more spending. It means the congress is voting to pay for obligations already created by an irresponsible congress that chose to fight two foreign wars while cutting taxes at the same time. If you have personal debt and obligations to satisfy, do you ignore the pending bills or do try to borrow and satisfy those claims?

Cutting spending may well be a lofty goal but refusing to pay for what you have already spent is irresponsible or juvinile or both. Most of the local farmers here have obscene things to say about farmers that reneg on their obligations. Evidently they would put you in the same class as cheaters theives or deadbeat.

Therefore i uge you to rethink your strategy. We know that it is merely political posturing with the intent of trying to extract further concessions from the presidet. Don't you think it's time to man up and full fill the obligations of your job instead of these childish pranks?

Highlighted
Advisor

Re: Re:Dear Mr. Rubio

I don't know about concessions but what this miserable, lying #### is doing her is getting a document out there so people on the right can pass it around, as we have just witnessed.   And grow a reputaion as a reliable foot soldier for the oligarchs and curry the favor of the forces of the new super pacs. 

A predictable result of Citizens United.

In that bad bunch that is out ther, this puke may be the worst.  A new generation's  Tom Delay.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

While I am sure the letter was intended as much as political posturing, as anything, what lies were told in it?

What exactly IS the plan to cut the deficit?

The last time I head, the proposals would only reduce the speed at which our debt will increase by about 10%.  I consider that a far cry from reducing our actual debt.

What should we do from here, moving forward?

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Read, kraft's response, he is right. The debt ceiling has nothing to do with more spending, it's paying for what has already been spent. Rubio, is nothing more than a political hack, trying to get his foot in the door of the Republican hierarchy. It's disingenuous and mis leading, if not out right lying.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Not raising the debt ceiling has nothing to do with reduced spending it's about doing without now so the unborn children of the future are not saddled with debt they did nothing to incur.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Not raising the debt ceiling is like you telling the bank that you don't have any money to pay your loan and that you can't get any so they wont be getting any money from you.
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Highlighted
Advisor

Re: Re:Dear Mr. Rubio

The debt ceiling will be raised and will be again, and again, and again and again.  Possibly in perpetutity.  As the economy recovers, as it may at some point in the next couple of decades, then maybe not quite so much each time.

And it won't be the little people, nor will it necesarily be liberals in government who will demand that it continue to be but rather the plutocratic classes, the 1% or maybe just .001%.  At the current time  they most definitely DO have that power,   It will be those who have been the beneificiaries of public debt being utilized to transfer wealth upward, privatize gains and socializelosses who will DEMAND that it be, rather than participate in reducing it.

Now if it ever got to the point wherein we owed the substantial majority of it to someone other than ourselves with the ever more meanial returns on labor and rents to working people still churning out GNP, I suppose those who were holding might gang up and come over to claim their collateral.  It wouldn't be likely that the plebicite would put up much of a fight voluntarily for a facsist government here, however.  We are, and will continue to be much more dramaticly,  non-inbred.