cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Re: Obama debt ceiling letter

I understand that as of right now, not raising the debt cieling is like having to decide on paying the heat, or electricity, because otherwise there wouldn't be money for both.  I get that.

However, I would like to see a plan in place on spending less on cigarettes and beer, so that there would be money for both heat, AND electricity.

Highlighted
Advisor

Re: Re:Dear Mr. Rubio

Yet you support the government for years spending every penny it took in for social security rather than taxing at a level necessary to support the spending congress approved. 

You missed count of the wars though, add Libya, Somalia, Yemen, Pakistan, and you might as well add Iran, cause quite frankly flying military surveillance drones over their territory IS an act of war.

Highlighted
Advisor

Isn't this debt ceiling request part of that ridiculous plan they cooked up last summer when the raised the ceiling?  I recall something about if the super committee failed then there were automatic cuts that would kick in at a far later date and Obama would ask for a debt ceiling raise and would automatically be required to bend over and kiss his rear.  Something like that.  They are all liars, all thieves.   If we could only get Rubio and Obama in the same place and rain excrement upon them like rapid monkeys at the zoo.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

The defense cuts kicked in just like we were told. Haven't heard a thing about the cuts in entitlement programs that were to kick in at the same time. We were sold out, Boehner is a failure, another big government liberal.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Re: Re:Dear Mr. Rubio

You're wrong again. I have always wanted government to raise enough revenue to balance the budget. The SS trust fund is invested in US securities by law and is earning interest just like any other bond issue.

You are right in that for decades the general fund of the US has failed to raise enough revenues to fund it own opperations. In stead they have been very irresponsible as the borrow the SS trust fund and other bond issues to avoid increasing taxes.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Well actually neb, you can introduce legislation to cut spending on any specific program. Convince a legislator to take it to the floor and debate it with all involved. Your bill may pass or not according to how persuasive you are or how compelling your argument is.

That is the path to cutting spending. Refusing to raise the debt ceiling is merely a tactic to force concessions that you could not win in the halls of congress. Thus you want to make the president or the democrats accept cuts that they would never accept during the legislative process. Just like repubs would not cave on a measily 3% increase in tax rates.

So when President Gingrich needs the debt ceiling raise the dems may hold him hostage. No tax increase from the wealtrhy then no debt ceiling increase. However, President gingrich will still have to pay the bills to avoid default which could be a catestrophic to our credit rating.