cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

15 Replies
Advisor

Re: Been reading about the Israeli - Palestinian conflict.

I tend to believe a man on his word until given evidence to doubt it. For those caught lying I then doubt everything that they have to say unless they provide evidence to prove otherwise.

San Remo Resolution - April 25, 1920

It was agreed –

(a) To accept the terms of the Mandates Article as given below with reference to Palestine, on the understanding that there was inserted in the process-verbal an undertaking by the Mandatory Power that this would not involve the surrender of the rights hitherto enjoyed by the non-Jewish communities in Palestine; this undertaking not to refer to the question of the religious protectorate of France, which had been settled earlier in the previous afternoon by the undertaking given by the French Government that they recognized this protectorate as being at an end.

(b) that the terms of the Mandates Article should be as follows:

The High Contracting Parties agree that Syria and Mesopotamia shall, in accordance with the fourth paragraph of Article 22, Part I (Covenant of the League of Nations), be provisionally recognized as independent States, subject to the rendering of administrative advice and assistance by a mandatory until such time as they are able to stand alone. The boundaries of the said States will be determined, and the selection of the Mandatories made, by the Principal Allied Powers.

The High Contracting Parties agree to entrust, by application of the provisions of Article 22, the administration of Palestine, within such boundaries as may be determined by the Principal Allied Powers, to a Mandatory, to be selected by the said Powers. The Mandatory will be responsible for putting into effect the declaration originally made on November 8, 1917, by the British Government, and adopted by the other Allied Powers, in favour of the establishment in Palestine of a national home for the Jewish people, it being clearly understood that nothing shall be done which may prejudice the civil and religious rights of existing non-Jewish communities in Palestine, or the rights and political status enjoyed by Jews in any other country.

La Puissance mandataire s’engage a nommer dans le plus bref delai une Commission speciale pour etudier toute question et toute reclamation concernant les differentes communautes religieuses et en etablir le reglement. Il sera tenu compte dans la composition de cette Commission des interets religieux en jeu. Le President de la Commission sera nomme par le Conseil de la Societe des Nations. [The Mandatory undertakes to appoint in the shortest time a special commission to study any subject and any queries concerning the different religious communities and regulations. The composition of this Commission will reflect the religious interests at stake. The President of the Commission will be appointed by the Council of the League of Nations.]

n

Advisor

I tend to believe a man on his word until given evidence to doubt it. For those caught lying I then doubt everything that they have to say unless they provide evidence to prove otherwise.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Nations_Partition_Plan_for_Palestine

Advisor

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1948_Palestinian_exodus

http://electronicintifada.net/blog/benjamin-doherty/video-testimony-palmach-fighter-who-expelled-pal...

I tend to believe a man on his word until given evidence to doubt it. For those caught lying I then doubt everything that they have to say unless they provide evidence to prove otherwise.

Senior Contributor

Advisor

Re: What the fight in Israel is all about.

You are proving you were not Truthful when you wrote this-->I tend to believe a man on his word until given evidence to doubt it. For those caught lying I then doubt everything that they have to say unless they provide evidence to prove otherwise.  

Senior Advisor

Re: What the fight in Israel is all about.

It is very simple. Israel wants to right to exist and it's arab neighbors want them all dead.

The problem with Israel is that controls the US as a vassal state.

The turning point for my view on US/Israeli relations was the publication of The Israel Lobby, or more accurately the non-publication as no one in the US would touch a scholarly piece detailing the influence of pro-zionist groups on US policy. Ultimately the London Review of Books took it.

My own view is that when I'm called an anti-semite for questioning the influence of a sovereign power over my country I'm called an anti-semite, **bleep** 'em. See how long they last without US military and diplomatic assistance.

However their citizens are welcome to colonize North Dakota and enjoy the full constitutional protection of the US (following legal naturalization, of course) if they choose.

forgot link