Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hawken Cougar
Senior Contributor

4 Replies
r3020
Senior Advisor

Re: CBO doubles the Obamacare cost estimate

How can this be, Obama care was suppose to lower cost.

dagwud
Senior Contributor

While I think there are some good parts to the health care reform I have always believed that while it may help some folks get insurance coverage it would not increase the quality of care for the country in general nor would it lower health care cost and in fact raise costs for many folks.

r3020
Senior Advisor

Plus the fact we are over 15 trillion dollars in debt with trillion dollar deficits for as far as the eye can see.

Nebrfarmr
Veteran Advisor

I think that if universal health care is the way to go, it should be a very basic type of coverage, and then let people buy up better policies, to add to what the basic plan would be.

I do think that if everyone were covered, it would lower the price I pay for insurance out of pocket, because of the larger pool of people being insured.

However, I really doubt it would cut overall total healt care costs in the country, because many, if not most of the uninsured we have now, would have their coverage paid for with taxpayer money, so it would be more a shift from taxpayer funded care, to taxpayer funded insurance.  I guess the people it would likely help the most, would be the working poor, with just enough assets they felt they needed insurance to protect them, but without the income to easily pay for it.  Their cost of insurance would likely go down, and if they paid very little in taxes already, most of the increased tax burdeon would shift to the higher income earners.