cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

Re: Obama's Illegal War?

Firstly, never "assume" anything about me. The first paragraph was self explanatory about how the repigs feel about the blackfella.  Obama should never have been given anything to do with peace.  It is an oxymoron to give him a peace prize when he took charge of a country already active in two wars.  Absolutely ridiculous on their part.   Peace prizes should never be dealt to the likes of US presidents, never.  In the last twenty years it would appear as if it were compulsory for a president to engage in conflicts as part of his presidential agenda.  The US love war.

Senior Contributor

Re: Obama's Illegal War?

Just read sam's piece and he confirms just about everything I wrote in reply to you.  I told you so. The US love War.

Advisor

Re: Ron Paul on the subject

Mccain is on tv saying we have to train and equip the rebellion in Libya. Don't we have enough on the plate, can't the Europeans handle this.
Senior Advisor

The problem is the rebels hate us more than gaddafi.

Senior Contributor

Re: looks like a runner like you yeller

You have done that "ole yeller" thing to death.  Surely with the encyclopedia mentality you possess , you can come up with a fresh one.   BTW the spelling is "yellow".

Advisor

Where do you come up with some of this stuff?

Advisor

I'm thinking...rough guess...that is what Obama is doing. He's said it's in and out with the air strikes. Hasn't asked for any money for a protracted engagement and says he's not going to. Which would essentialy mean no ground forces. Maybe he's calling the French and Italians out; to do what we've been doing in essence for everybody else, depending I suppose on how you feel about those efforts, but nonetheless. They do get the lions share of the Libyan oil.  

If that assesment is somewhat right (and I'm halfways confident of that) it's going to be interesting, entertaining even if it all wasn't such a grave situtation,  to watch the MIC and their lackeys in Congress and in the think tanks and friendly and sponsored media have to stand by and watch as so many potential war profits and empire buildig possibilities are ceded away.

The rebels do need support and traning and munitions. But not necessarily from us, or paid for out of the U.S. Treasury. If there were to come a serious  proposal out of the administration or the DoD to call up more citizen soldiers and go on the ground in Libya we might see Vietnam war era like demonstrations here, From all of the posturing going on it looks like that might even involve  people from both the left and the right.

And a person needs to remember that we are being run by a permanent government that has nothing if anything much at all to do with what we have exersized as participants in a democracy. And truth be kown when it comes down to it, we all express daily that we pretty much love a hgh% of how they are running things. No progressive movement, no tea party movement is going to vote it out. They never run for office.

Senior Advisor

It's easy Bruce. It's the same reason farmers hate union workers. It's because we/they are our best customers and they are doing too well.

Americans are evil as are union workers. Same logic.

Senior Advisor

Bruce, why do the rebels need our help. That is what we thought about Iran in the 70s and Afghanistan in the 80s. Didn't we learn anything from helping saddam with Iran?