cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KNAPPer
Senior Contributor

Re: Whoopi's most excellent question.........

Though this might excite you and wet conservative pants with glee throughout the land of amber waves of grain, you might consider that all of this talk is pretty much worthless CONSIDERING there is no requirement, even if there was a requirement, to show an original birth certificate. Do you think he can't show a legal copy? Really? He has a passoprt, right? That requires a legal copy of a birth certificate, so I'd imagine he could whip one out faster than anyone could ask for one if he chose to do so.

dagwud
Senior Contributor

"Throw this idea around a bit, how about open primaries all on the same day, and you can vote for one candidate from each party. Here's another one, the overall winning candidate in the general election for president is the president, but the losing candidate is the V.P."

Tom, you are full of good ideas today.   I like that idea of the loser becoming VP.  Might make the debates and campaigns a tad more civil knowing you might have to work with the person the next four years.

Craig, I read recently where Rand said that if his father does not run for prez in 2012 then he is seriously considering it. 

I do get the feeling many voters are just waiting for someone new to get in the race for Repubs as it appears the current crop is not generating much excitement and especially with Independents and disgruntled Dems.

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

Obama handled the war in Iraq???  Don't think so!

Samnospam
Advisor

I'm guessing dag, that people taking that poll were given a list of likelys and Ron Paul was not on the list.
r3020
Senior Advisor

Obama's certification of live birth. Note no one even signed the thing.

This short-form "certification of live birth" released by the Obama campaign in 2008 does not have the name of the hospital or an attending physician, which would be included on a long-form "certificate of live birth," which has never been produced by Obama.

What a Hawaii birth cerificate looks like. Obama says he has one locked away.

Copy of original long-form birth certificate of Susan Nordyke, born in Honolulu the day after Obama's reported birthdate. Obama has never produced any document like this.

wehav
Senior Contributor

Craig,

Not one of the people you mentioned appeal to me.  I vote mostly Republican but those you posted just don't have any appeal to me.

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

What is it that you are trying to say exactly?  Is one a fake?  The one on the bottom doesn't have a state seal on it but the one on top does.  I know you won't want to believe this but here are pictures and factual evidence of the document.  http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/born_in_the_usa.html.  It also seems funny that a child born one day after the president would have a certificate which is FOUR numbers less than one of the day before.  These types of numbers usually run in sequence.

hands.jpg

signature.jpg

blowup.jpg

certificatenumberscreen.jpg

seal.jpg

dagwud
Senior Contributor

"I'm guessing dag, that people taking that poll were given a list of likelys and Ron Paul was not on the list."

Very good point Sam.  Polls can be very misleading and it would be nice when they report their results if they would give the exact wording of the questions given to those being polled.

KNAPPer
Senior Contributor

People don't seem to get the blind simplicity of what I am saying. If a requirement was made for Obama or anyone to have to show a birth certificate, ALL THAT COULD BE LEGALLY REQUIRED, is a LEGAL copy of a birth certificate. Examine the two main words, "LEGAL" and "COPY."

All I am asking for is for people to use their brain and make a simple deduction: Obama has a passport. A passport requires a legal copy of a birth certificate.

So, could Obama produce a legal copy of a birth certificate if required? You decide.

(Note: COPY....not an original, not one from a hospital in Hawaii that was made in the 60s....just a legal one like you use to get a PASSPORT)

We can produce questionable stuff from any number of websites, show what birth certificates look like through history and quote and write all we want, but creating some rule that he has to show his birth certificate will do nothing for those dreamers out there surfing away and spending their fruitless time. Even the high and mighty, morally superior GOP congress could not make a law requiring any president or presidential hopeful to show an original birth certificate because not everyone has an original. Hospitals burn, records get lost and we have legal copies to substitute for those. I am not talking specifically about Obama here, but I am talking about anyone and everyone that COULD become president because law would have to apply to anyone. All that could be asked for without singling out Obama in particular is to show a "legal copy" of a birth certificate. Understand? 

He has one, so why pursue this? What is this point? You may believe otherwise and even have some minor degree of proof, but it will not stand against what is already legal and binding.