cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

7 Replies
Honored Advisor

Re: Kudo's to Gov. Christie

Gov Christie would make a good cabinet member of our next President in 2012, perhaps a Budget Director.

Senior Contributor

You two really don't have a clue to the implications this is going to have on the average American worker do you? Knowing how you guys think, as long as it hasn't got anything to do with you, so what, RIGHT??

Senior Contributor

Reoh not so great

tell us how it will hurt regular workers when gov positions are trimmed back

Senior Contributor

"You two really don't have a clue to the implications this is going to have on the average American worker do you?"

Let me get this straight GTO.   Gov. Christie's actions will have a dire effect on the average American worker because he is a Repub.   However in your eyes the New Jersey state house and senate both controlled by Democrats will have played no part in this dire effect you predict is coming round the bend.

Sounds like the typical GTO "the sky is falling" because of Repubs only claim.

I'm curious GTO if you predict dire effects on the average American worker because New Jersey state workers will now have to pay more for their health insurance and pensions (though still at rates below the private sector), if New Jersey workers will now have their retirement age raised and they loose their collective bargaining rights for benefits with the state legislature (Dem controlled) to now decide their benefits (not Gov. Christie), what kind of dire effects do you predict Obama's two year wage freeze for federal employees will have on the average American worker?   Especially considering New Jersey has 80,000 state employees while there is over 2 million federal employees. 

Senior Contributor

So you really want to play dumb, eh, dagwud?? You cannot be that naive. New Jersey is not the only Republican nincompoops who want to play this game of hide the sausage in the American worker, you can add, MI. WI. OH. and if New Jersey gets away with it, they all will think they can do it. Let me ask you? Do you think the average Joe American worker is going to stand still for that?? Get ready GOPhers! This is going to smart. Have they forgotten the score card in '08?

As far as the Democrats going along? What did the TEAPEER's do to their incumbent GOPhers' the same IS going to happen to them. Watch!

I am  the only one predicting the "sky is falling", blaming that on me is a bit disingenuous, there are at least 53 million + predicting a full blown GOP blow out.

Let's see the proof, they (government workers) will pay less than the private sector? If they do, I'm sure that's going to really go over big with the private sector. All that's going to do is add more votes to the Democrats. 

Senior Contributor

I'll ask again GTO, what about Obama's two year pay freeze for federal employees?   Add the New Jersey state workers to all the other states that you feel have Repubs pushing for drastic new changes that will bring about dire effects for the America workers.  Add them all up and it will still be far less workers being effect then the number of federal employees forces to take a two year pay freeze.   Not to mention you still seem to forget Gov. Christie signs the bill that was written and passed by the New Jersey legislature of which both houses are currently controlled by Dems.  Just who is playing dumb here?

Senior Contributor

Again, are you that naive? You should know the reason that was done was to appease the GOPhers, trying to show partisanship, and compromise.

You really think it's only going to affect just the government workers?? Again, are you that naive? The private sector has been influenced by what the Unions do. The Unions, not corporations, created the Middle class in America, and made America the country it has been. This blatant attack on Unions by the Republicans is not going to go well for the Republicans.

Christie is a fat a$$ blow hard, and you watch, Democrats are not going to take kindly to the defection of those NJ Democrats. I will predict, they will have competition looking to un seat them. Just like the teapees, Democrats expect loyalty to the party principles.

Sorry, pal, I think your the one with his head in the clouds.