cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor

vacation for wife turning 50

Been to cancoon and puta cana. Liked puta cana better than cancoon.  Want to find a new place for her 50 th birthday. Like to see a few sights and also like going to the swim up bar.  Any suggestions ?

18 Replies
Senior Contributor

Re: vacation for wife turning 50

Our preference is Bermuda.
The whole island is like are sort with friendly helpful an very polite people.

Not good if you like Las Vegus style but great for history dating back to before your country.
Pleasant weather this time of year and I am sure you will find a swim up bar somewhere.

I'm sitting here in +20C temps waiting for a taxi to the airport to return home to -18
Am I happy?
Veteran Advisor

Did you know that yearly flights to Bermuda causes GLOBAL WARMING??!? :-0
Senior Contributor

Cancel....................

Contributor

what hotel did you stay at ?   is all inclusive better down there ?

Senior Contributor

Grotto Bay. Not as expensive as most but clean and suits us. Been there several times.
Close to airport so cheap taxi ride.

We do not get the all inclusive but buy their meal plan, morning breakfast smorgasbord with lots of choices and couple of restaurants to choose from for evening meal.
If you want to drink lots to use their other facilities then the all inclusive may be better.
We buy a bus pass and explore all day so do not use other things.

Your wife might enjoy a spa in their underground cave which is being refurbed now so you can walk on glass to an island in the cave for the spa.

Lots of history to explore around the island and nature walks too like the Railway Trail.

We first visited in '98 and keep going back.

If you want more info I can get links when I get home for you to look at.

BTW we have booked rooms on a sale they put out in January each of the last few years, half price of winter rates..
Summer there is busy and more expensive.
Swimming is often cool in their winter but hotel has heated pool, we do not swim.

Senior Contributor

Did you know that yearly flights to Bermuda causes GLOBAL WARMING??!? :-0

I was more worried about those smoky old chainsaws. I got rid of mine and bought one powered by hand.
Senior Advisor

Take her to a lynyrd skynryd concert.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Maui, Hawaii is a great place to go. The whales are there till middle of May. Many other things to see and do on the Islands.

Contributor

Do they use dollars or can you use the cheap bermuda dollars ?  I bet if you were not american the meals would be dirt cheap