cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

Re: vacation for wife turning 50

@lynyrd_skynryd wrote:

Do they use dollars or can you use the cheap bermuda dollars ?  I bet if you were not american the meals would be dirt cheap

Meals there are not cheap in any currency.

Bermuda $ is pegged to the US$ and just to make it even easier for you almost all places you want to spend money will have 2 drawers, one with Bermuda cuurency in it and the other one with US.

Hand them a US $ and they will make change in US$ Bermuda $ and they will make change in Bermuda currency. This is especailly true of tourist centred stores and mybe not so much if you stop in a little corner store on a back street.

BTW we change our money to US $ at a cost of $1.27 so meals would be cheaper for you than me.

I still probably gained weight.

colinnorris1
Senior Contributor

Ever considered Oz? Visit Sydney and see the most beautiful harbour and city on the planet. Visit the real outback and see animals and landscapes you will not see anywhere else. Visit me and see and touch a real atheist.
bruce MN
Advisor

Sitting in Mpls airport with my dear wife ready to head out for 40 Anniversary trip to Portugal and Spain for a couple of weeks. Cleared security with no rubber gloves involved. Carry on, forum crew!!
Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

Sounds like quite a trip.

Best wishes on 40 years and I hope you enjoy the trip.

Keep us informed, maybe some other will want to go too.

GreaTOne_65
Senior Contributor

Pay no attention to these two, lynrd, their just jealous, they can't afford, or don't value their women enough to take them some place nice.

JCCWIS
Senior Contributor

Headed out to Punta Cana on Mar 13....been there a couple yrs ago....had great time.

Have also made couple visits to Jamica andalso had great time !!!  Great white sand beaches and good off resort trips.

Both all-inclusive , works best for us.....if you know when enough is enough!!!!  lol

John

lynyrd_skynryd
Contributor

is austrailia safe ?  the excersions safe ?   good idea !    What is the cost ?  when is the cheapest to book ? thanks

ihmarty543282
Senior Contributor

Does the month of January in FT Myers Beach count as a nice place?

HortonGordelson
Senior Contributor

What???/   I would think the certain incineration of the planet would be a lot more important to your wife and kids.