cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Re: vietnam era veteran

Give it a couple days, if the crooked media can "set the record straight" that Phillips was some kind of hero and discredit a conservative commentator, they will. 

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Actually, you can, depends on your relationship, consent, and/or reason for requesting.

I found my Dad's original paperwork in his things after he passed away -- DD 214 and Certificate of Discharge had also been recorded somewhere at the local county courthouse, per the obvious courthouse stamp and recording information, which I assume would then be public information.  

Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Well, I don`t know about Shipley, but Phillips bad teeth definately is a liar.   There`s video evidence that he went banging his war drum right into those 16 yr old student faces. 

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Can a dd214 be used in a back ground check?

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

“Era” just puts a time stamp on when you served and service organizations sometimes say “Vietnam era soldiers are eligible for...” or some other time frame.
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

No you can’t get someone else’s DD 214 unless you are next of kin and the person has put you as the designated person to get it. No, a DD 214 is not used in a background check.
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

So, once again, the right want's to throw mud on VETS! Where was you gallant leader, boys? Risking his neck chasing and grabbing skirts? 

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

So if some one is dishonorably discharged from the army there is no way that can be found for a back ground check if say you want to join law enforcement or become a teacher?

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Well, there goes that talking point!! Shot to hail!! LOL!!

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Agree with that -- Dad was a WWII veteran for American Legion purposes, they have date ranges for their classifications which don't necessarily correspond with the dates for wars beginning or ending.  Dad actually began service after the official end of WWII, and I think was discharged before the official entry of US into the Korean Conflict, never left the states, was a cook for a unit which then became a MASH unit.