cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samnospam
Advisor

voter id

Should only citizens be allowed to vote?  If you say no, then of course you need no proof of citizenship.  If you say yes, then how do you prove citizenship without proving who you are?  

It seems pretty simple to me.

30 Replies
bruce MN
Advisor

Re: voter id

A member of the US House said just the other day that only property owners should be allowed to vote. That has been said numerous times at this forum but Congress is a big step from here.
kraft-t
Senior Advisor

Actually if you want to make it difficult for those Kneegrows to vote, you might want voter id laws.

Samnospam
Advisor

neither responder

Answered the question.
Taylor ECIL
Senior Contributor

Are blacks to stupid to get an ID? All of India's population needs an ID to vote. Many of them make less than $2 a day, can a black man in this country claim that? Or will you refuse to answer my questions again.
Democratforlife
Senior Contributor

How does it make it difficult? Don't they all have a drivers licence when they turn 16?

KNAPPer
Senior Contributor

I agree that only citizens should vote. With all our technology and infrastructure, there should be a way for us to issue a simple and easy ID. I don't disagree with ID. I disagree with ID that precludes simple or disadvantaged people from obtaining one or any ID that requires burdensome hoops. There has to be an easy way where some person who is in an old folks home, divorced, newly married, or just plain ignorant can easily obtain a free ID. I don't think voter fraud is prevalant, but I will play if others will also play....fairly.

KNAPPer
Senior Contributor

Post the requirements for your state. Let's see it, otherwise it is assumption. Post a link and let us judge. Why assume it is easy? do you really know the requirements? What about some old lady in a retirement home who has lost her license to drive? What does she have to do in your state to vote?
KNAPPer
Senior Contributor

What about when they are 85 and have lost their drivers license and are in an old folks home? No more voting rights? Do you know your state 's requirements to get a photo ID? Have you looked it up?
Samnospam
Advisor

there is the real id act, that federalizes the requirements to get an id.   since you have to produce some documentation to get an id it could be a burden for some but I can't see anyway to prove who you are without it.