cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
r3020
Senior Advisor

Re: voter id

@KNAPPer wrote:
What about when they are 85 and have lost their drivers license and are in an old folks home? No more voting rights? Do you know your state 's requirements to get a photo ID? Have you looked it up?

Whooooa, wait a minute. We have all been told that voter ID laws are just to keep black people from voting. That 85 year old never got into the old folks home without a photo ID. They should have one on file.

Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

Which house guy said that? Sounds like he is channeling my thoughts.

I would go a little further....make the people that vote and run for one of the chambers, say the Senate, also have paid their mortgages off and have a little money in the bank...then we would have the policies where federal stealing through inflation is illegal. Plus I bet we would get our fiscal house in order pronto.

Guys like Bama and Biden that can't figure out how to pay off a mortgage would be out trying to find work instead of running the country into the ground.

hardnox
Advisor

It's fine if you want to support a mandatory, soviet style, internal passport.

It could also list what weapons you  have registered and what you're licensed to carry.

Democratforlife
Senior Contributor

My grandma passed away this earlier this year, she was 106, she also had a SS card. She never had a problem proving who she was to anyone. It is interesting why you guys are so frightened by voter ID.

r3020
Senior Advisor

@hardnox wrote:

It's fine if you want to support a mandatory, soviet style, internal passport.

It could also list what weapons you  have registered and what you're licensed to carry.

We are about to get that. It is called the Obama care medical record.

Samnospam
Advisor

Absolutely. Doctors are required to ask your children certain questions during checkups. Those answers are available to .gov.
Samnospam
Advisor

Didn't answer the question.
hardnox
Advisor

Libertarians have historically been the most adamant opponents to a national ID system.

Samnospam
Advisor

I didn't say I favored one, but one exists
kraft-t
Senior Advisor

A simple solution would be to make the SS card a photo ID. That way anyone that enters the work force would have one.

It is true that inner city people have little need for a drivers license. They don't have a car or a place to park them. But then that is the real purpose of the photo ID. To discourage inner city voting.

People should not have to expend money to get a photo Id.If the state is going insiwst on one, then they ought to pay the cost of obtaining one for the people. The cost of retreiving a coy of the birth certificate and the photo id should be borne by the state.