cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KNAPPer
Senior Contributor

Re: voter id

You and Demo4 are ignorant. First the lady in the old folks home likely let her DL expire and it would no longer be valid for voting. Second, she will have to go get a valid photo id at her local DMV. Do you know gour state requirements for that? Bet you do not and that you don't care. If you were paying attention hou will have noted the ARkansas Photo ID requirements that I already posted in this thread. You look at it and tell me it's easy. My gripe is ghat getting a ID for voging should be free and easy...it is neither in my state! And I bet you don't know hour requirements.
rawhide
Advisor

People should not have to expend money to get a photo ID. If the state is going to insist on one they should pay the cost.

WHERE IN THE HELL DO YOU THINK THE STATE GETS IT"S MONEY?  I can get a photo Id for four bucks at the license branch.

if the state "pays" the cost it will be 20 bucks in more taxes because they will have to create a new agency to do it.

another thing- if anyone has a bank account the patriot act (which i don't like one bit) requires one to show their ID at the bank. so unless one deals entirely in cash which is HIGHLY unlikely you got an ID

kraft-t
Senior Advisor

Have you ever applied for a passport? Have you ever had to prove your palce of birth? It will cost you $50 in most states to get a copy of your birth certificate.

Some people simply live in a different world than you do

rawhide
Advisor

1) no

2) yes

3)won't cost me a dime because i have it in the safe

4) that's a fact-i was brought up to have my s#!t together--sorry a lot of pepole need a perpetual babysitter

rawhide
Advisor

and hee's a great example http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/05/22/senator-wants-govt-to-subsidize-kids-meals-in-the-summer-...

i don't want kids to be hungry but if you have 6 that's $900 a month on top of whatever else (welfare, wic, subsidized housing,etc. etc.etc.etc.)  perpetual babysitting.

by the way, if it passes the money will be coming from you tooSmiley Very Happy

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

I hope it is certified.

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

I guess that would make us about even---you're paying my retirement!  hahahahahahahahahahaha

kraft-t
Senior Advisor

There are thousands of people that don't have their birth certificates. Simply because the parents had them and didn't give it to them. The wife and i had to get duplicates a few years ago from the state of Iowa. Do your children have theirs. If you wait 60 or 70 years before you need one you just may not know where it is.

r3020
Senior Advisor

@KNAPPer wrote:
You and Demo4 are ignorant. First the lady in the old folks home likely let her DL expire and it would no longer be valid for voting. Second, she will have to go get a valid photo id at her local DMV. Do you know gour state requirements for that? Bet you do not and that you don't care. If you were paying attention hou will have noted the ARkansas Photo ID requirements that I already posted in this thread. You look at it and tell me it's easy. My gripe is ghat getting a ID for voging should be free and easy...it is neither in my state! And I bet you don't know hour requirements.

Always with the personal attacks. It's free.

snip-

The BMV offers identification cards for Indiana residents of any age who do not have a driver's license. You cannot hold both an identification card and a driver's license at the same time.

To obtain an identification card you must visit a license branch and present certain documents of identification. To obtain a free identification card for voting purposes you should state that you need a free identification card for voting purposes when you visit the license branch.

http://www.in.gov/bmv/2358.htm

r3020
Senior Advisor

@kraft-t wrote:

Have you ever applied for a passport? Have you ever had to prove your palce of birth? It will cost you $50 in most states to get a copy of your birth certificate.

Some people simply live in a different world than you do

snip-

What is the cost of a birth certificate?

Birth records in the ISDH Vital Records office begin with October 1907. Prior to October 1907, records of birth are filed only with the local health department in the county where the birth actually occurred. Fees are established by law (IC 16-37-1-11 and IC 16-37-1-11.5 ). Each search for a record costs $10.00. The fee is non-refundable. Included in one search is a five-year period; the reported year of birth and, if the record is not found in that year, the two years before and after. One certified copy of the record, if found, is included in the search fee. Additional copies of the same record purchased at the same time are $4.00 each. Amendments made to the record are an additional $8.00.

http://www.in.gov/isdh/20243.htm