cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Re: walgreen tax cheats?

Civic responsibility involves paying taxes on earnings within the country and state in which they are earned. So can i buy a home in the Caymen Islands and avoid all income taxes here. Why would you think that is ethical?

In case you are unaware, I have family members that have been employed by Walgreens and your portrait of generousity may be a little distorted. A hundred thousand donation from walgreens would mean the profit from one store for a 30 day month. And they past the cost of that to their customers

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

@kraft-t wrote:

Civic responsibility involves paying taxes on earnings within the country and state in which they are earned. So can i buy a home in the Caymen Islands and avoid all income taxes here. Why would you think that is ethical?

In case you are unaware, I have family members that have been employed by Walgreens and your portrait of generousity may be a little distorted. A hundred thousand donation from walgreens would mean the profit from one store for a 30 day month. And they past the cost of that to their customers

How is that different than taxes, except they cut out Almighty Big Government the most wasteful and fraudful middle man of all time.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

So you hate the government eh? Why does that not surprise me?  If i was that unhappy, I would move a way, far away to a land where religion is highly regarded and it has a lot of political influence. Maybe you can behead a few sinners or heathens if you choose. I'd consider that if I were you.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

@kraft-t wrote:

So you hate the government eh? Why does that not surprise me?  If i was that unhappy, I would move a way, far away to a land where religion is highly regarded and it has a lot of political influence. Maybe you can behead a few sinners or heathens if you choose. I'd consider that if I were you.

I have such pity for you because you spend to much time so filled with hate. May God bless you.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

@kraft-t wrote:

It's legal, and people do it all the time, although I'm not completely decided on how 'ethical' it is.  However, before you throw too many stones........

According to this:

http://taxes.about.com/od/statetaxes/a/highest-state-income-tax-rates.htm

Az has a top State income tax rate of 4.54% above $150,000 income , while Iowa has its top rate at 8.98 above $63,315.

If I remember right, you 'earn' your income, from crops grown in Iowa, and 'Live' in AZ.    Which tax rate are you paying on your Iowa farm income, and in which State?  

The profit from one store, for a whole month, just for one disaster?   That seems pretty generous to me, considering that they didn't have to give anything.   Also, if you read the article, note that they sent 3 truckloads of food and aid items to first responders, and the 'needy' through the Red Cross.   I don't know if you've ever been around immediately after a tornado or similar storm, while various government officials take tours, and talk about obtaining aid, the Red Cross is already there, helping however they can.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Hey Rawhide

You are correct that the government should not waste money. I think there could be a lot of consolodation happen and probably some budget cuts too. However, your opinion of waste and mine are likely a lot different.

Also bear in mind, that no matter how much government could be cut, there are a certain number of people out there, possibly you, that would still see it as wasteful and taking too much - no matter what or how much is cut. You are just programmed that way. Bear in mind also that you would say that I would say that government should grow and take more, yet I didn't say that at all, did I?

Business should pay their share, just like I do and if we can cut what we all pay, great.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

For your information. The bulk of my income is in Iowa. My CPA is in Iowa and I pay the full tax rate in the Iowa State Income tax plus the Federal income tax and SS and Fica taxes. My state income tax in Oklahoma is nil as my oklahoma income is nearly nil.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Good for you.   At least you are following what you want others to do, I give you credit for that.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

It's got nothing to do with hate. It's your allegiance to religion and I thought you would like to sell your religion to people that readily accept the divine being. People that actually choose to live with religious fervor and it would only take your charm and persuasion skills to convert them. Then you would have the religious nirvana that you desire and expect.

WE don't want to make our nation a godly nation. We want anation that is friendly to it's people. Not one where religious ideologs choose to make life miserable for the lower classes. The working poor that you don't want to pay for or provide assistance for. And if you do p[rovide assistance you wish to do it selectively for people that kowttow to your religious ferver.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

It has nothing to do with my integrity or lack of it. It is the law and if I break the law it would be because of an error. I pay that CPA firm a lot of money each and every year to keep me honest and legal.