cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samnospam
Advisor

war on poverty, sucess / failure

I know its easier to read your favorite shill's opinion and take it as unassailable gospel, but you can look at the data and come to your own opinion.  

http://www.census.gov/hhes/www/poverty/

I didn't see much success there.  

11 Replies
r3020
Senior Advisor

Re: war on poverty, sucess / failure

@Samnospam wrote:

I know its easier to read your favorite shill's opinion and take it as unassailable gospel, but you can look at the data and come to your own opinion.  

http://www.census.gov/hhes/www/poverty/

I didn't see much success there.  

Depends on how you define success. If your goal is to help people get on their feet again so they can take care of themselves then no. If your goal is a permanent underclass enslaved to your power then yes.

Samnospam
Advisor

One response.  People are so lazy.  They whine incessantly that big whatever controls the planet, but insists that big whatever fill their brain with talking points for the day.   

kraft-t
Senior Advisor

Re: Actually Sam

It's pretty hard to acknowledge the benefits of the war on poverty until you consider the results of not having the war on poverty.

For example, If we had not answered the call to war over Pearl Harbor or the nazi declaration of war would we hav been better off or worse off had we not responded?

Be assured that the war on poverty has been accompanied by a war on workers as well. Opposition to labor, busting unions, political opposition to workers advancement etc. We have had a war against labor for the past 30 years and that has added to the trials and tribulation of employed people.

Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

the top

Moving them up

Samnospam
Advisor

ah, you mean like if we had not answered the call to war because the gulf of Tonkin?    

Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

Poverty, like a lot of other ills in our world hinges a lot on good parenting. Trusting the "big brother" model of government parenting hasn't worked very well over the last 50 years, but it does provide a "feel good" pick me up for a piece of crap that wouldn't lift a finger to help a fellow human being. Its a typical liberal ploy.

r3020
Senior Advisor

@kraft-t wrote:

It's pretty hard to acknowledge the benefits of the war on poverty until you consider the results of not having the war on poverty.

For example, If we had not answered the call to war over Pearl Harbor or the nazi declaration of war would we hav been better off or worse off had we not responded?

Be assured that the war on poverty has been accompanied by a war on workers as well. Opposition to labor, busting unions, political opposition to workers advancement etc. We have had a war against labor for the past 30 years and that has added to the trials and tribulation of employed people.

The result of the war on poverty is 40% of the babies born in this country are to unwed mothers. Proof that a progressive society and a moral society can not coexist.

Husker-J
Senior Contributor

I thought maybe he meant the war in the Middle East.

Husker-J
Senior Contributor

Those people who think the 'war on poverty' is a success, need to go out into an area where the people in that area are pretty much dependant on the 'kindness' of the government, carrying out their programs in the 'war on poverty', and see just what they have become.

Yes, there are plenty of decent people, who are poor, but you have to admit, those areas also are the cespools of moral decay, and are pretty much the centers of gang activity.

I'm not saying I know the answers, but it seems that after enough time, the attitudes of the people on the front lines of the war on poverty seems to go from one of 'I want to better myself', to a kind of 'gangsta' one.