cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samnospam
Advisor

was this thought out

I'm sure it was in dc, but probably not by the cheerleaders. If gaddafy squashs the rebellion, what next, will Obama accept defeat or take the next step?
30 Replies
gough whitlam
Senior Contributor

Re: was this thought out

Very interesting question.  If you a suggesting the next step is a total crushing defeat of Gaddafi, I will say yes. Who else will go in like he did.  Not the UN.

r3020
Senior Advisor

It will be hired assassin time. No need for a trial.

Samnospam
Advisor

That next step would be boots on the ground.
Samnospam
Advisor

Very unlikely they could get to him. They tried that for years with sadam.
gough whitlam
Senior Contributor

As much as I hate the thought, he would send them in.  There is a lot of oil in Libya and that is what the whole thing is about.  I shudder when I heard today how Al Queda (who also like controlling oil)were positioning themselves with the rebels preparing to have a crack at the US after gaddafi goes down.  It is almost as if Obama is setting up another long term conflict.

Samnospam
Advisor

Total insanity for a bankrupt nation to be getting into this.
r3020
Senior Advisor

What good is the oil if the only way to get it is to print the money.

Samnospam
Advisor

The oil would make a good backing for the money, do you think that's what they have in mind?
Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

What makes you think that the guys running this show are going to accomplish what Bush Jr. failed to do and get possession of the oil by conquest, like we got the gold in California, the black hills, and most of the territory of what is now America?

Sounds like a rogue operation going on, if the CIA has had boots on the ground in Libya for weeks, as was reported this morning on CBS morning news.

Maybe we should try running a country based on democratic principles right here in the good old USA for a change, instead of all this shadow government.