cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dagwud
Senior Contributor

Re: was this thought out

Speaking of Qaddafi's weapons Tom did you see the news report that talked about his arsenal?  I watched one news broadcast that mention how he had x numbers of various jets and fighter planes, x numbers of tanks, and x numbers of ships but then they went on to say that they believed only about a quarter of all these were even operational.

dagwud
Senior Contributor

One thing I've been wondering about is why there are so many in the Middle East that have been pushed to the point they are willing to become suicide bombers for a cause they feel is worthy and justified but that can't find one person willing to go on a suicide mission to take out Qaddafi and some of these other leaders they are so unhappy with.   I'm a little surprised we have not seen a Sadat type incident where Qaddafi's or other Middle East leader under growing pressure is not taken out by one of his own troops or body guards. 

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

As far as I am concerned it is.  That's what they are there for and why we are a member of it.  We did our part and now it is up to someone else.  Of course, I'm sure the CIA folks will have a big hand in it.  The right started griping and complaining about us NOT doing anything when this started and then Obama did and NOW you are against it.  See earlier cartoon posted.

GreaTOne_65
Senior Contributor

Ya' baby! Turn on the conspiracy machine! It's what the gophers do best! Frighten and confuse, the poor souls on the right must be getting dizzy from all the great propaganda.

GreaTOne_65
Senior Contributor

China is bankrupting us in every other way.

Ah, I think you have forgotten one very important little item, didn't you?

Samnospam
Advisor

You didn't notice the UN did nothing till we agreed? You think if it takes boots on the ground it won't mostly be Americans?
Samnospam
Advisor

another head scratcher

NATO says the rebels in Libya will not be armed. Maybe I don't understand what we are trying to accomplish there?
schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

I certainly hope not.  Let the oil companies hire mercs to do the dirty work for all I care.

r3020
Senior Advisor

Re: another head scratcher

@Samnospam wrote:
NATO says the rebels in Libya will not be armed. Maybe I don't understand what we are trying to accomplish there?

To make it look looke some one in this administration has a pair.

dagwud
Senior Contributor

Has NATO even come to an agreement yet and taken over being in charge?   We were told NATO would take over a couple of days after the missiles started flying but that last I saw in the news is that they had still not taken over as they could not reach any agreement on the matter.