cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Veteran Advisor

wehav, 3020....attn. all baggers

It's "game on" within the movement.  Over the stuff that made some of us who like some of the stuff from getting on the bus.

http://motherjones.com/politics/2010/11/tea-party-civil-war

SNIP:

"The tea partiers and the social conservatives are often one and the same, and while the libertarian wing has been pretty vocal of late, they are still vastly outnumbered by the evangelicals."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Its not going to be like the Republican party has been where they court and assuage you gladly take your vote and then assign you to the back of the room for the next term is it? I'd expect that you are in for the long haul and have the numbers on your side. Making this predictable:

"In the end, the tea party movement may well end up a newer, smaller version of Reed's Christian Coalition—one that doesn't hold the broader appeal to independent voters that the tea party movement initially did."

7 Replies
Veteran Advisor

Re: wehav, 3020....attn. all baggers

LOL, that's what you get when their whole campaign agenda and platform is based upon the "we're not them" premise, along with solutions to policy and legislation that is easily summed up with the "I dunno" answer. My favorite is when they burp out the "it's unconstitutional" response.

The sad part is that it's not just the moronic pitchfork crowd that will suffer for their incompetence and inability to address issues intelligently.

Senior Contributor

Senior Contributor

I can see a scenario in 2 years  where the tea baggars run bubble gum Palin and ? for president, the repubs send up Bush3 and a huckabee, and the demos man Obama ends up taking all the marbles home for another run even with the demo activists staying home in protest.. What a great country! Rule by majority.

Senior Advisor

Not a chance unless the right really over reaches. With the current status and Obama's weak personality, The only thing that will get done is Republican wants. I wish he would resign now. He is not a leader but a follower after the other folks come to a concensus. 

A great disappointment but not because he didn't try to create a different atmosphere. I liken it to the guy that wants to play ball with the other guys and they ram the bat up his rear. So very naive to navigate through the political sewers.

Senior Contributor

Mr. Kraft, if I remember right, you stayed home in 08. You saw something in Obama you didn't like. Your intuition was right

Senior Advisor

I agree. However do not confuse the two. I did not support his election. However, I have defended him because of the viscious and complete attack by the right against him. He has failed in that he didn't recognize you for the unoatriotid louts that you are.

Most americans accept the election results and try to work together for the common good. You folks chose to opppose any and everything because you didn't want him to govern. You couldn't accept an "nword" in the white house.

Veteran Advisor

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!