cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jennys_mn
Veteran Advisor

Re: weird science

It's the messenger, and the message. You're not smart enough to understand that....

Tick Tick....BONGx3!!!!!

Jen
r3020
Senior Advisor

Well there are two different messages from the same science guy.

Samthehumble
Senior Contributor

True for the first one.  It's a rare individual it doesn't apply to.

I hope the second Wasn't meant for kids.

jennys_mn
Veteran Advisor

You're supposed to be an adult....not a 10 year old. But, that is where your understanding is. You don't want to know more. You walked the streets of Disney World, without going on any rides, or walking in any buildings. And you come home and tell your friends, "I saw it all!!!"

That's you Republicans. You see what you want to see, skim the surface, and then you "know it all". Think what you want....just remember....an opinion is fine, such as, "President Obama was a great President!!!" My opinion, free speech, great. Saying Predident Bill Clinton was a rapist, as some of you on here have said with no conviction, is against the law, and you can be called on it.

Tick Tock....BONGx3!!!!

Jen

r3020
Senior Advisor

Thank you again Jen for proving progressives are perfectly willing to accept the changing of science with the political winds.

hardnox
Advisor

trans politics

Maybe I should give 3020 more credit for the effectiveness of Bruce is a Girl as an effective response to the nefarious climate change, anti-creationism agenda and most everything left of far right.

But I doubt it, or at least that he originated it- more likely a carefully calculated propaganda theme emanating form places like this shocking ZH "expose'".

Here goes an attempt at serious discussion- thus far it hardly rises to that level.

There was tremendous solidarity and activism that emerged in the gay community with the AIDS crisis. If you'd asked me 10 years ago if I thought that we'd see a big change in legal gay rights I'd have said yes, someday. But I was as surprised as anyone with the speed with which it occurred. For better or worse, the LGBT community has stuck fast with the trans portion even if it is numerically small in relation. For better or worse- that's not my call- but it certainly has been very deftly exploited for cultural pushback.

For the most part it isn't any skin off my nose. I'm very marginally acquainted with one trans person. I've known gay people as long as I've been alive although the recognition of all of that came in spurts. I know a number of parents of gay kids and have watched some of them grow up. That has changed my view over time from the general cultural attitudes that I'd assimilated growing up.

But I'll get it from both sides for saying I wish they'd left the trans thing alone for a while. It is a political loser. If for no other reason, the majority of people have a gay family member of someone within their circle. Most don't know a trans person.

r3020
Senior Advisor

Re: trans politics

"Maybe I should give 3020 more credit for the effectiveness of Bruce is a Girl as an effective response to the nefarious climate change, anti-creationism agenda and most everything left of far right."

Not everything left of the far right. Everything left of true science. Jenner is the biggest loser the left ever adopted. It tore their mask off completely and they are not the least bit interest of putting it back on. It is full bore full throttle extreme to the left.

hardnox
Advisor

Re: trans politics

Individually, as compared to the larger issue, I'd score him as a self absorbed republican Khardashian reality TV wannabe.

The origins of our current POTUS emanate from the same place and surreality.

jennys_mn
Veteran Advisor

Trust me, those of us on the left did not "adopt" Jenner. She is a staunch Republican. She's one of yours....and yet, I defend her.

Tick Tock....BONGx3!!!!

Jen
r3020
Senior Advisor

He is mentally disturbed. And the left has proven it's contempt of science. Everything is political.