cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

which one?

If you had a say on which one would be built a city block from your home, would you choose a Christian Church or an Islamic Mosque?

11 Replies
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: which one?

Either is fine, just TAX the HOLY Crap out of them.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Taking a stand for one or the other, given no other reasons than ideology, is bigotry.  Taking a stand based on the location (within a city block), and the culture or society of the area, is a choice.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Poor old Marty is still hurting over the crucification.
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

I'd vote no on either one of them! Why? Because I don't think government ought to allow bogus businesses bilk the unwary. Usually governments shut down charlatans that take advantage of the public.

Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Well, with a mosque so close they probably wouldn`t blow up anything in their own neighborhood, so you might be safer in that aspect.   However if they ever needed to nab a hostage real quick, a neighbor might be too handy.   I wonder if the Jehovah Witnesses ever pester the Muslims?  Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

You probably should be more specific.

Catholic or Baptist? or one of the others.

Sunni or Shia? or one of the others.

But one thing I would do is make them pay taxes just like the Lions have to pay on their meeting hall.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

@OKdon wrote:

I'd vote no on either one of them! Why? Because I don't think government ought to allow bogus businesses bilk the unwary. Usually governments shut down charlatans that take advantage of the public.

Good point Don.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

(Because I don't think government ought to allow bogus businesses (to) bilk the unwary. Usually governments shut down charlatans that take advantage of the public.)

Well except for Solyndra's, they're OK.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

@Edmund55 wrote:

(Because I don't think government ought to allow bogus businesses (to) bilk the unwary. Usually governments shut down charlatans that take advantage of the public.)

Well except for Solyndra's, they're OK.

Same goes for if you like your policy you can keep your policy. Period.