cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Re: Re:how you do that

Are you willing to die for a principal??  I doubt it.  You would seek some sort of compromise that you could live with.

Senior Contributor

Re: think how thru

how can a minority force the way thru

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Yes, I did give ridiculous numbers, I was trying to show there are definite limits of compromise.  You said it very well yourself.

You only give away what you can realistically live with.

And when you campaign on the platform of spending cuts, and no tax increase unless absolutely necessary, a simple raising of the debt cieling might not be what you can live with.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

That is where you missed the boat. Until the Republicans tied the deficit to the debt ceiling and held the debt ceiling hostage, one had nothing to do with the other. Still doesn't. You reap what you sow, the Republicans didn't think this through very well, they own the financial downgrade, lock stock and barrel.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: dear not so great

migh tell obamo--the news media and everyone who knows who is president because they all know it is obummer and the sen dumocrats

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

If it cuts the deficit meaningfully, it might just have been worth it.  What's the difference between 14 trillion at aa+ or 17 trillion at aaa?

If you actually READ into the reasons for the financial downgrade, it seems that a 'continual deficit' seems to be the biggest reason for the downgrade.  The big fuss about the debt cieling, and the squabbling in Congress brought extra attention to it, but I don't see how you can have debt increasing at an ever faster rate, and somehow keep the top credit rating.

Highlighted
Advisor

Regarding those guys in the highest priced suits

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Re: Bart, what did Biden say and/or mean?

As I said before, guess it depends on which biased rag you read.  All I read was that he agreed with Doyle who said it.  but they did act like little kindergarten kids.  Play my way or I'll take the ball and go home!

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: Bart, what did Biden say and/or mean?

Biden did say they acted like kindergarten kids, he said they are acting like terrorists. There is a difference in words there. You may not see it but the rest of us do.