Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Advisor

why i love science

10 Replies
Senior Contributor

Carbon Dioxide emmiters

In 1800 there were 60,000,000 buffalo (bison)

Bison are part of the bovine family, they have multi compartment stomachs just as do cattle.  (cows for city people)

They were emitting CO2 long before cattle were in America.  

And here's more why modeling is so much in error or out riight lies.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2018/04/18/usatoday-usatodayweather-pushes-fake-climate-news-about-the-1...

Veteran Advisor

Re: Carbon Dioxide emmiters

The  so  called  9  billion  folks  (  feeding  the  world )  we  are  supposed  to  feed,  being  some  of  the  increase , ? 

and  maybe  Lou  Dubbs  on  FoX  Entertainment  can  magnify  these  numbers,  liken  to  the  latest  approval  rating  examples - ?     

Senior Contributor

Good point Kurt.  I've asked a few cow flatulence pushers why some of the native grass on the grandparents place was named buffalo grass....stuttering usually results.

Senior Contributor

I think they need to talk with Thomas Massie , R / KY ..... He seems to be some kind of science savant 

Veteran Advisor

Re: why i love science

I see some things never change! 19.95 still claiming global warming is man made. Global warming is natural. However, many of man’s activities intensify the effects of global warming. Man does not cause global warming. No one but hardcore conservatives say man made!!!
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

When Was South Dakota Glaciated?

Periods of wide-spread glaciation occurred throughout all of geologic time. The most recent interval of extensive glaciation is called the Pleistocene Epoch, which began roughly 2 million years ago and ended about 10,000 years ago.

Glaciers repeatedly advanced into South Dakota during the Pleistocene Epoch. The most recent episode of glacial activity (called the late Wisconsin stage) started about 30,000 years ago, and peaked at roughly 14,000 years before present. At that time, glaciers covered all of South Dakota east of the Missouri River, with the exception of portions of the lower Big Sioux River valley (see Figure 3). Evidence of older glaciations consists of glacial sediments found beneath and beyond the limit of the late Wisconsin deposits, as well as glacial striations and erratics in areas without these sediments.

During the peak of the most recent period of glaciation in South Dakota, the ice in the Aberdeen area was at least 1,000 feet (303.3 m) thick, and may have been as much as 1,500 feet (455 m) thick over Rosholt in the extreme northeast corner of the state.

Pretty sure man didn't make these glaciers melt.

Frequent Contributor

As recently testified to in front of the Congress- science is a democrat thing.

The GOP does Jesus and Ayn Rand,which are mutually self-cancelling concepts.

Frequent Contributor

Funny thing is that- like 3020 and Kurt- you probably believe you've made some sort of point there.

Senior Advisor

You need to stick to the melting point of steel.