cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

why should one persons taxes be higher than another

lets get real ---obamo and the dumocrats  are playing class warfare why should  one person pay a higher% tax rate than another---if you believe in EVERYONE is equal --this should lock the libs starters-if there are any left ---please no rants dumocrats just state facts --you do what that means dont you and tell how this country can survive without the socalled rich

52 Replies
Senior Contributor

Senior Contributor

Mega Kudos to the both of ya! nt

Smiley Happy nt

Re: why should one persons taxes be higher than another

I know you have trouble with the basics of life but I will explain it all for you.  I thought to two who jotted down a minute answer would have known better. 

Firstly, your opening statement of "lets get real" is a total oxymoron when it comes from you.  You have not been that since Obama got elected.

Taxes are pain at varying rates according to how much you earn.  The more you earn, the more you pay.  This practice has been going on for donkeys years but apparently you have just been alerted.  The people with the most capacity to pay, i.e. the rich, pay more.  Simple.  Just because you believe they are the backbone of the country doesn't exclude them from contributing to the upkeep of the country.  The lower class or workers pay the majority of taxes in any country because they are the biggest bass from which to draw.  Consequently, they have first lick at the government cherry when it comes to welfare, etc. and so they should.  If you believe the fat cats in Wall street and their ilk pay it all, I ask you to "get real", as you say.

There is no country in the western world that have the mantra of everybody being equal.  You have trumped up that to support your argument. Colour and wealth designate where you stand in society.  Always has and always will.  Get used to it.

You asked for the facts, so there they are.  A  bit abrasive for your sensitive little republican ears but most repigs don't understand how a country operates. That, my friend, is demonstrative of just how ignorant some are on here.

Email me if you think you are courageous enough to debate me civily. Have a nice day.

Veteran Contributor

Thirty three percent of the taxes in this country are paid by the top 2 percent of income earners.  The botton fifty percent of wage earners pay 2 percent of taxes.  Your theory is not valid here.

Senior Contributor

to start with you lied about who paid what you need to ck your facts the socalled rich pay the majority of taxes in ANY country --so some time you feel you can debate me try the facts 1st ---aint this fun gooboy and still so easy

Senior Contributor

Re: Because that is what parasites need to survive. n/t

AMEN!!!!!

Senior Contributor

Re: Mega Kudos to the both of ya! nt

AMEN AND KUDOS  coming from those who on a individual bases recieve more govt support and cash paytrs  from their fellow taxpayers to support their businses and families while protect their assets.    Remember how FtoF was to wean farmers off welfare  and with the first little set back  the govt came back with bigger handout programs.   yea your right govt has a spending  problem  and farm programs are one of them.,

Senior Contributor

Re: Mega Kudos to the both of ya! nt

Hey Hobbyfarm, what are the top 5 federal budget offenders that need cut?  Are Farm programs in the top 5? ...I just thought, you`ll say 1 direct payments 2 LDPs 3counter-cyclical payment 4 CRP 5 crop insurance....Smiley Very Happy..well can you name 5 more?

"Your theory is not valid" - the figures you have quoted do not add up to a sensible taxation policy of any country. You are virtually saying 50 percent of wage earners pay as little as 2 percent in tax. The rich here pay no more then 15 percent after they get all the perks.  What tax do the remainder pay?

And for mollie, thank you for providing all the statistics and numbers, as usual. Maybe you should debate Cotman. With your intelligence, mere mortal skills of fiscal economic policy should be a doddle.