cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Veteran Contributor

Re: why should one persons taxes be higher than another

You hit the nail on the head when you said that this country's tax policy is not sensible.  To clarify, the botton 50% of wage earners in this country pay only 2% of the federal income taxes collected.  The top 2% pay 33% of the taxes collected.  The other 48% in the top half pay the rest.  When half of all wage earners in a country pay virtually nothing something is terribly wrong.

Senior Contributor

Re: Mega Kudos to the both of ya! nt

Its like this BA you in still in your off spring to save thru life for later years on a regular basis.  The amount  may be small but over years will grow to a sizeable amount.    This is much like govt spending , lets take the farm handouts it isn't the amount now but what it amounts to over the years is the problem.     If you want to cut spending yuou start with unnessary support programs  for people who don't need it.    People buying 5000 dollar land  6 figure equipment  are not on list of needy    If  a business can support   spending  like that  they don't need govt support.        agreed

Senior Contributor

cotmans figures were dead on but i knew you didnt have the mental ability to discern them----but i will debate you on your false exertions if you want me to but i will destroy you as always====buck up little man and admit you missedthe boat on this one but them you alweays do ---and this is still fun

Senior Contributor

These guys and gals must be wondering the same thing. Why has contributing to your country according to your ability become known as patsyism instead of patriotism?

http://icasualties.org/

Senior Contributor

What? no answers?

Let me answer my question then. Money before patriotism started with your Great Communicator. Dad told me about a pampered Jew who joined his outfit in the Southwest Pacific during WWII. When he arrived he was set to starve as his mommy never made him eat anything he didn't want to. Dad tells of the time when they ate captured rice for three meals a day for three months and the time that their flour was so full of weevils all they could do was be grateful for the fresh meat that came with their bread. This guy was such a wimp that when they used a rope ladder to get on a ship, he went up piggy-back on someone else's shoulders. And he wore glasses as thick as his bootheels.

I have often wondered how such a specimen could be drafted while such he-men as John Wayne and Ronald Reagan were allowed to remain in Hollywood and whine about the amount the government removed from their paychecks to buy ammo against Adolf and Hideki. Big John came to entertain Dad and the other troops in his region once and was greeted with a big chorus of BOO! Tough talkers didn't cut it with guys who could spot a yellow-bellied sapsucker from a mile away. (He is alleged to have made a deathbed conversion to Catholicism. I guess he wanted to keep someone in a skirt between him and the guy with the pitchfork.)

Now for those who would remind me that Ronnie faced down a would-be assassin, may I remind you that Ronnie (and Nancy) kept an astrologer whom they relied on to tell them when it was safe to leave the security of the White House., so Ronnie went into that confrontation with the same confidence he had in the movies where his foes always kept their weapons loaded with blanks.

It is too bad most WWII vets have moved on to their reward. They could have explained for the present crop of Rep-ugly-cants what the difference is between a tough guy and a tough talker. It might save us from being embarrassd by an Alaskan big mouth bass.

Senior Contributor

you forgot to post why one person is charged a higher rate than another--if all are equal

Senior Contributor

Hey Pedro

You left someone off your list, what about Hanoi Jane Fonda?  I`ve seen pictures of her in a VC helmet behind a **bleep** anti-aircraft gun. That gun was probably still warm from shooting down American planes and the area she visited was probably only blocks away from where our POWs were getting their fingernails pulled out. I looked up Reagan and he was in the Reserves, but couldn`t serve overseas because of nearsightedness. Wayne was 37, with a wife and kids when Pearl Harbor was attacked. I know there are stories if you were bound and determined you could get to the front lines being a one-eyed, 16 yr old, however everyone`s circumstances are different. They have said Wayne felt guilty for not joining and became a super-patriot because of it. After chatting with Veterans in real life, I`m yet to meet one that bad mouths anyone for not serving or that calls themselves a Hero.       

Senior Contributor

Re: Hey Pedro

Admiral James Stockdale we beat nearly to death by his captors because he reused to meet with Jane.

Veteran Advisor

Re: Hey Pedro

There  is that famous historian and philosopher that keeps showing up around here. Mr. "they", as in "they have said". Probably the most often quoted and respected voice on this board.

And FWIW, Jane was right about the Vietnam War. For whatever reason, she just knew some sooner than nearly all of the rest of us did in good time. Except of course for Mr. and Mrs. "they" and a relative handful of others.

I would expect that both Mr. Wayne and Reagan had a deep and abiding respsect for the warriors of all of our conflicts, as have and still do any other American that I know. The obviously held them in absolute and total awe, as do I who was a college deferment beneficiary as my clasmates, relatives and freinds were serving,  And as I expect Ms. Fonda did and does. But how one feels about the wars, about the money, the politics and the industrial polices behind them, the assortment of truths and lies told as they are entered into is much, much different than how one feels about those who serve.

Old weak culture war garbage guys.

Veteran Advisor

Hey pedro...sorry for not replying to you a couple of days ago, Now the ordere of posts is so goofy here lately I'm not going to go look. But as to the question you asked, I''m going to give you a juvenile response only because the man infuriates me and sets me off like a 3 year old sometimes. 

That answer being... "Alot, just because". Darth saw to it that the administration from start to finish was staffed and advised by NGMFs.