cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

why you should hold a novel coronavirus back

as much as possible, until you begin to understand it. Just Knowing doesn't count.

https://www.businessinsider.com/coronavirus-antibodies-last-just-months-2020-7

6 Replies
jennys_mn
Veteran Advisor

Re: why you should hold a novel coronavirus back

Yeah - it’s exactly what I have been saying.  We’re in for a very, very long haul.  And there’s not enough money in our treasury, to keep the stock market buoyed up for Trump.  

Republicans can’t win an election, without lying....

Jen

sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

Re: why you should hold a novel coronavirus back

I get a kick out of how they co-opt the GI Generation. Granted, many of them became more conservative as they grew older- which is a tendency- but they were mostly FDR's New Deal Kids.

I guess that they see themselves as the single brave individual storming the beaches. But it was actually about the mass willingness to sacrifice.

An aside. We were at Normandy a few years ago and our tour guide was a retired Royal Marine. He said that it is well established that in any group about 3% are wired so that they'll actually expose themselves to fire. The other 97% follow human instinct. Most of those guys just found themselves in a terrible place by happenstance and did what they had to do to try to stay alive. Which is all you can expect.

sam1wiseone
Senior Contributor

Re: why you should hold a novel coronavirus back

March+ 2 to 3 months (from article). May June.

Surely then you can show the large numbers of people getting reinfected.

 

sam1wiseone
Senior Contributor

Re: why you should hold a novel coronavirus back


@sdholloway56 wrote:

I get a kick out of how they co-opt the GI Generation. Granted, many of them became more conservative as they grew older- which is a tendency- but they were mostly FDR's New Deal Kids.

I guess that they see themselves as the single brave individual storming the beaches. But it was actually about the mass willingness to sacrifice.

An aside. We were at Normandy a few years ago and our tour guide was a retired Royal Marine. He said that it is well established that in any group about 3% are wired so that they'll actually expose themselves to fire. The other 97% follow human instinct. Most of those guys just found themselves in a terrible place by happenstance and did what they had to do to try to stay alive. Which is all you can expect.


Irresponsible boomers are definitely the problem, not kids on the beach.  Some are so stupid that instead of letting their groceries be brought to the car and placed in their trunk, while they are completely safe, they insist by damn in choosing their own fruit.  And if they get it it's trumps fault.  Morons.

jennys_mn
Veteran Advisor

Re: why you should hold a novel coronavirus back

Wait...

You wanted to believe “There are 5 cases, and soon there will be none”

You wanted to believe “We’ve got it all under control”

You wanted to believe “In April, it will mysteriously disappear, like a gift from god”

You wanted to believe “We are winning the fight against the Kungflu”

You wanted to believe “ Trade wars are easy to win”

You wanted to believe “I won’t have time to go play golf”

You wanted to believe “ You will be paying a SMALL FRACTION for health insurance”

and a million mores “just want to believe”

And they were all lies..... and you still believe the “great con man”.  

Republicans can’t win an election, without lying....

Jen

jennys_mn
Veteran Advisor

Re: why you should hold a novel coronavirus back


@sam1wiseone wrote:
Irresponsible boomers are definitely the problem, not kids on the beach.  Some are so stupid that instead of letting their groceries be brought to the car and placed in their trunk, while they are completely safe, they insist by damn in choosing their own fruit.  And if they get it it's trumps fault.  Morons.

But I didn’t get the virus, did I?  That must really be pissing you off, since you have mentioned it several times.  Yep - life well planned, healthy, and smart enough to know what mask to wear, have a stock of them, and how to take it on and off.

Life well planned.  I plan on collecting my retirements a long, long time....

Republicans can’t win an election, without lying.....

Jen