cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advisor

willing to change your life?

from a climate.change advocate:    

That is to say, if we were to slow down the rate of emissions to a level where we might still halt some of the worst consequences of increasing climate volatility, we would dramatically alter our societies and economies. It seems only fair for the “climate people” to do the math and explain this to people. This should probably have been done a long time ago. You don’t save your planet by changing a lightbulb, installing solar power on your roof, or having BP paint their gas stations green. The very least you would need to do, as in you and everyone else in your societies, is shrink your energy use by 90% or more. No more driving, no more central heating, very sparse use of electricity, no long haul transport of goods, a far more localized world, and one in which people would need to provide for themselves dramatically more, certainly when it comes to basic necessities. Not hell on earth, but certainly very different.
51 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Re: willing to change your life?

Those that are perpetrating this hoax upon us really have to be laughing their asses off.  But there you see, it`s about people control, if you live 10 miles from town, "that`s unacceptable, too much energy is wasted!"....everybody should get moved into the holding pens that are called cities.

It`s 13 MFing degrees below zero this morning, how much colder should it be at the end of February??

"they" always have talked about zero population growth, I think any day now they`ll really make a push that the earth can`t go from 7 billion people to 9 billion, so the UN will propose a China-like "one child" policy. 

But I just can`t imagine the "47%" cramping their lifestyle of eating Twinkies, watching Steve Harvey, they want their apartment to be 74º in the winter and 58º in the summer.  The 47% might not like what they get with this Democrat crap, but never underestimate their stupidity,,,,perhaps the government will write them an exemption   Smiley Happy   Hey, their lifestyle cost is already cost shifted, I can`t see why their obligated burden of global warming won`t also.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

The climate changers don't want to change their lifestyle, they want everyone else to change their's. That and get rid of the undesirables. That's why abortion is so sacred to them, we are too crowded already.

Highlighted
Advisor

good one BA. Next step will be when we are forced to buy "their" carbon credits. If they don't go to work, they don't create any pollution. Right?? Dang! I'm getting more cynical and more conservative all the time.

Highlighted
Advisor

Ever heard of the Galton society?  Look at the Wikipedia entry at its most notable members.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

As I have said before, you guys all argue that only a step that instantly cures everything is the only thing you would approve of. Why does everything have to be all or nothing??? Can't we do things now and continue to work on them as time goes on? I don't get it. About the only that gets done right the first time for most people is a peanut butter and jelly sandwich!
Highlighted
Advisor

no it is

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

r3020 Veteran Advisor
6:33 AM
The climate changers don't want to change their lifestyle, they want everyone else to change their's. That and get rid of the undesirables. That's why abortion is so sacred to them, we are too crowded already.

Have you had a nasty experience with abortion or is your silly religion still giving you riding instructions. But I am pleased your paranoia has left you. Thank god for that.
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Historically, People put up with some kind of reasonable adjustment for the better of all.

We can drive 20 miles to town, have lights and even comfy heat and AC.

The technology is there in some cases and will be delivered soon in others. The trouble is we need to exterminate a few dinosaurs first and that seems to be working albeit kinda slowly.

Highlighted
Advisor

I forgot the link