Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advisor

Re: I forgot the link

They won. Why are you worried about it?

Highlighted
Advisor

Re: willing to change your life?

You're not being serious. The technology doesn't exist to do what you propose and won't for a long time. There are nuclear technologies like molten salt reactors that are safe and clean. You're going to produce massive amounts of co2 just creating the infrastructure to be an all electric country, and its many many years away. Fusion in 50 years will solve most of the problems.
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Serious as a Heart attack.

Didnt say it will happen tomorrow, even though it needed to happen yesterday.

Highlighted
Advisor

China may be on the brink of a cataclysmic financial contraction event.  What's to say that the policy response may not be a massive (gasp....Keynesian) stimulus effort in the direction of renewables and nonconventional energy?  If the industrial sector collapses and the currency loses some degree of competitivness, as it well could, or spme other unforeseen complex disruption, their emissions could naturally reduce.  Much as driven miles have here, albeit under the popular news/media radar.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: CARE TO EXPLAIN HOW

thought so

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: what a joker you are

LOL

Highlighted
Advisor

I'm surprised at your disdain for Kunstler.

I guess not surprised given his disdain for southern culture and guns (doesn't favor gun control, just disdains  the people who love them) etc. He actually sounds like BA and Red sometimes in his disgust with the culture and intelligence of the lower classes.

But Kunstler go this thing a long time ago. We could have built a way of life that would have had a very high and relatively sustainable quaility of life. But once you've sunk most of you national wealth into sprawling McMansion suburbs and highways, it is well nigh impossible to get out of it. Particularly once those "homes" are the foundation of middle class wealth and highly integtated into the ponzi economy.

So yeah, if the already stressed and frightened middle class were asked to make "sacrifices" associated with homes and cars, fergeddaboudit. And they are wise enough to have a general distrust in the PTB, or at lest to be easily led in that direction.

So yeah, we're goin' wherever we're goin'. And in his view it should be your Nirvana.  Simple, local and where authority largely rests with well armed men or the warload who's assembled the most of them.

And thank God that when civilization fails the females and marginal characters like gays who were subverting it will be back in their rightful place.  Except, of course as it always was- the women with power behind the throne, the warlord who happens to be a closeted poofter (but that's different).

Highlighted
Advisor

You acknowledge what the agw advocates say, that it needed to happen yesterday 70-90 reduction in co2 emissions,  you say you expect to continue to drive 20 miles to work and have comfy ac, but you also acknowledge that today the technology does not exist to do that without fossil fuels.  And oh no nukes.

Is that a correct summation of your series of posts?

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Ha HaHa    Your part of 47%!!!!,,, your lifestyle has been shifted already  to others....who paid for you lost income from unplanted 50 acres.  and programs that guarantee a income off your land.   

It was -18 here but I won't use your Christain based colorful language

Highlighted
Advisor

No, as I've told Bruce before, I generally agree with the basis of what kunstler writes, and in honesty I think he dislikes me much more than I do him.  On a personal basis that is.  

I've posted here before that all the infrastructure everyone wanted built and wants maintained and expanded came with some serious negatives.  As you point out.   But hey GM loved it,the UAW loved it, its all good.