cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Re: willing to change your life?

Climate change is not and never has been about the climate. It is about advancing the progressive agenda of power and control. It is something all progressive could unite around and blame on capitalism. The biggest hoax ever perpetrated on a free people.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Yep, pretty much. 

You see the other side claims we can put a man on the moon but we cant create a better alternative to energy.

That is false, untrue and a Big Fat Lie.

All we need to do is take money away from the bad guys (  Big Oil Complex, tax breaks and charge carbon Tax & fines ),

and give to the good guys ( Tax incentives, R& D )

When you look at the smog in Beijing, do you think gosh maybe we should be doing something else or that

those commies need to put a few filters on their stacks ??

I dont have to tell you that a fair % of that crud ends up here.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Sure Ollie

Do you have in interpreter ?

LOL    What ya think of that ?   Wanna Deebate ?   Skeeeerd ????

LMAO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Smiley Very Happy

HA Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha

Highlighted
Advisor

A few days ago on one of the finance sites there was one of the regular discussions on China, risks, hard or soft landing etc. But it was the first time I'd seen one of the "experts" mention local/regional environmental catastrophe as a serious forward risk. Probably a liberal who thinks people have to breath- or governments have to treat their citizens' COPD, lol.

Anyway, made me think about a thread from a few years back that I think you were a part of. I was recollecting that when I was a boy it was not uncommon during serious summer inversions to be able to smell the steel mills of the Gary region, see a haze in the air and a ring around the sun- that would be 100+ miles away. Thus I opined that the CAA wasn't all bad (God Bless You Mr. Nixon).

30 jumped in to give me the gotcha about how the CAA and I killed the steel mills there, because all that was good in America died ca 1970, plus or minus 10 years. My conviction on that count aside, some of the mills still run but actually what happened as much as anything is that capitalism invented a better mousetrap and they figured out that there being vast amounts of steel already produced, laying around the junkyards and being perpetually recycled through them that it was much cheaper to just melt scrap in mini-mills.

Thus Indiana remains the largest steel producing state but the majority is produced in a number of those mills scattered around the state. It, and the Japanese auto plants, are the keystone to the state's economic development strategy and a key piece of that is our cheap coal fired power.

Yes, Virginia, there is also a Deep State in Indiana, at the core of which are the utilities, the Lilly Foundation, Farm Bureau (much better politically placed than other states and deeply involved in advancing Gov. Daniels' economic initiative on large scale animal agriculture), and others. Gov. Daniels and now Pence are minions of that Deep State (well, Mitch may be head capo) and Evan Bayh was a Clintonesque neoliberal plant if ever there was one.

The coal plants are probably the reason why Indiana is often ranked #50 on the list of green states. Fair enough, and I do have to say that for us it is "better" pollution than the old Gary style stuff- most of it lands in Ohio or the greater atmosphere anyway.

Although you also have to take all that stuff with a grain of salt. Ohio isn't very green eithre and is the eager repository for evereybody else's frack water.  Michigan has a repuation as being a more highly regulated, greener state but has only a nominal landfill tipping fee and thus becomes the repository for trash from all surrounding states and Canada- owing to the power of their landfill lobby.

Just pointing out that others have their own forms of corruption, for what solace that gives me.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re:so that is your explanation

true demonrat and obamolite ---yep i am still laughing at the butt kicking i gave you but i am waiting your expalnation wanna debate or act like a fool

Highlighted
Advisor

Good stuff.  A very signifnicant % of  managed non-compostable solid waste that is picked up from on-site dumpsters in the southern half of Minnesota heads down the road to landfills in Iowa.

Highlighted
Honored Advisor

It sure sounds like you`re letting China and India off the hook!  http://community.agriculture.com/t5/Ag-Forum/willing-to-change-your-life/m-p/462869#M119693 

So, we start driving bicycles and cramming 4 people into 1,000 sq foot economy apartments and eating of the rooftop garden and collecting water in a rain barrel.  China will see that the polar ice caps are rebuilding and instead of Iowa being a blamy -18º  it`ll be -30º where is should be and they will "follow our lead".....   Smiley Happy    okay, maybe you could talk to them about currency manipulation and their aid to North Korea while they are "following our lead"  Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: Re:so that is your explanation

I dont debate with fools;  EVEN if you produced your very own THIRD Grade certificate of completion.

LOL 

Smiley Very Happy

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Well gosh I'm surprised you didnt throw in SARS, Abortion, Palin and Putin in there while you are at it.

"So, we start driving bicycles and cramming 4 people into 1,000 sq foot economy apartments and eating of the rooftop garden and collecting water in a rain barrel."

I think you are starting to get it !!    Smiley Happy  Praise  the Sweet baby Jesus !!! Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Advisor

OK, so your plan is take all the money out of fossil fuels, make it very expensive to use via taxation, then put all that money into r&d to create an alternative. But under no circumstances do you envision turning off the comfy ac? And oh' no nukes! OK, well you've got a plan.