cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sam1wiseone
Senior Contributor

you let democrats riot

You pay for the mess.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/minnesota-gov-walz-trump-disaster-declaration-george-floyd-riots-50... 

Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz has asked President Trump for a federal disaster declaration in his state due to “extensive fire damage” and other destruction in the unrest that followed George Floyd’s death in Minneapolis police custody on Memorial Day.

11 Replies
rsbs
Advisor

Re: you let democrats riot

some reason for hope in Minnesota, though.....candidates like this man may get some of the fruitloops out of office.

https://alphanewsmn.com/kendall-qualls-why-history-and-monuments-matter/

rsbs
Advisor

Silver lining on riots...MN in play

https://alphanewsmn.com/us-senator-tom-cotton-launches-ad-in-mn/

one of the biggest obstacles in any endeavor is beating back inertia...in MN, the inertia of the last couple decades has given us an entrenched democratic core that controls the counting of the votes, the will of the people be damned.

Trump probably needs to secure about 55 percent or better to end up being shown as the winner here....this state is more like Chicago than possibly even Chicago is.

A resounding Trump win, with down ticket success would do a lot to restoring the luster that once was Minnesota.

rsbs
Advisor

Re: Silver lining on riots...MN in play

the way to beat inertia is to mobilize momentum and maybe the riots and looting in MN will deliver enough backlash momentum to get the good guys back in power, and even if the good guys are not that good, at least we can get the known bad guys and gals out.

Angie Craig, Phillips, Walz....etal.....the door cannot hit them where the good lord split them fast enough.

sam1wiseone
Senior Contributor

red, democrats won't even

Vote for a resolution to condemn mob violence.

They own it. 

roarintiger1
Honored Advisor

Re: red, democrats won't even

And......let those cities pay for the destruction and rebuild themselves.  And hope that they raise taxes on vacationers visiting their city.........because there won't be any.  People are going to avoid these places.    

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

When our family is together we`d take in an event in "the Cities" or go to the mall, but no more, these Iowegians are staying out of that hellhole.  Going to and from the airport will be it!   Maybe stop in Fairbo if we need lunch to tide us over on the 78mph south. 

rsbs
Advisor

BA, the Sioux Falls airport works and is probably closer for you. Less chance of vandalism if you park and fly, too.

jennys_mn
Veteran Advisor

Re: Silver lining on riots...MN in play

@rsbs wrote:

the way to beat inertia is to mobilize momentum and maybe the riots and looting in MN will deliver enough backlash momentum to get the good guys back in power, and even if the good guys are not that good, at least we can get the known bad guys and gals out.

Angie Craig, Phillips, Walz....etal.....the door cannot hit them where the good lord split them fast enough.

Angie Craig is doing a GREAT JOB in our district.  She is well liked, and getting out to meet with many constituents here in SE MN.  

Compared to Jason Lewis, there is no comparison.  Lewis was never available for anything - he just collected his do nothing pay.  And now he’s running for the Senate....ha....

Republicans can’t win an election, without lying....

Jen

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

I Love Sioux Falls SD, those are my kind of peeps!   SF does have direct flights Delta to San Francisco one way as low as $64.   Sioux Falls is 50 miles further drive and someone either drops us off or picks us up so parking isn`t usually a issue, but for an excuse to go to Sioux Falls, it`d definitely be worth it!

Mpls/StP airport is the worst damned place too damned big and though Minnesota has the nicest people around I think they find the rudest Minnesotans to work there.  The TSA up there said "I`ll tell you right now, you`ll have to take your belt off!"..in San Jose I started taking my belt off and the San Jose TSA said why are you doing that?  I said Minneapolis had me take it off and he said "Well, we`re nicer here"  yeah, you ain`t kiddin` buddy.