Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sam1wiseone
Senior Contributor

Re: I noted the Navalny co-opting and read on,

@bruce MN wrote:

Only to appreciate the scope.

People here Bruce have demanded I be arrested, though having broken no law, for exercising free speech.   What does that make me?  What does that make those that demand it?

sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

So you claim.

But we don't believe you.

Never said you should be denied due process.

sam1wiseone
Senior Contributor

Re: you're now a dissident

@rsbs wrote:

Good Essay Sam, thanks for posting it. It echos what I posted earlier, where being a dissident is being "1984-ed" into being an insurrectionist.

And I agree 100 percent on the need for the Leftists to GFT. I knew that we had a bunch of malcontents and losers wearing the Team D sweatshirt, but never dreamed that so many were so devoid of normal human concerns as there are.

I hope that the American ship gets righted without widespread bloodshed, but it would dishonor the millions that have fought and the hundreds of thousands that have given the full measure of their lives for freedom to allow totalitarianism to take hold in America without a fight.

Don't have much hope for it red, the government controls the levers and is consolidating control of the allowable speech.  It will get much worse before it gets better.

bruce MN
Advisor

Stop with the f’ing projection already. 

I sincerely hope, as a friend actually, that you aren’t. Or, better, that you in fact didn’t do anything that would cause you to be. 

But that said, re-posting something that would compare the treatment any self styled dissident in a free democracy to a man poisoned on the direction of Vladimir Putin speaks idiocy. Speaks seeking of  ill will to your countrymen.

sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

Sure.

And the entire editorially curated news complex is "the enemy of the people."

See above quote.

rsbs
Veteran Advisor

Boris, you need to take a hard look in the mirror and see the creep that you have become.  I doubt that the Bruce of 20 years ago would recognize who you are now.

Which is ironic since that is what you believe is true of any of us with the same views we had 20 years ago.

r3020
Senior Advisor

The KKK has morphed into antifa. They terrorized my dad as a young man just as they terrorize conservatives today. You nQx are their biggest supporter. Complete with your black van and water boarding fantasies.

sam1wiseone
Senior Contributor

@bruce MN wrote:

Stop with the f’ing projection already. 

I sincerely hope, as a friend actually, that you aren’t. Or, better, that you in fact didn’t do anything that would cause you to be. 

But that said, re-posting something that would compare the treatment any self styled dissident in a free democracy to a man poisoned on the direction of Vladimir Putin speaks idiocy. Speaks seeking of  ill will to your countrymen.

What the author says is emphatically true.   We've witnessed it time and time again over that last 5 years.   People at the levers of power commit blatant in your face crimes with no repercussions, while others have charges and accusations manufactured.   This is beyond dispute, and continues.

The oppression of thought and speech is very real in this country.  My kids are very aware of what not to say on social media as it will very much affect their future.  Your idiot friends here will say it's because they want to post "hang the nïgger".   No, they can not simply say "I think womens sports should be for biological women".    Or "I think the black lives matter movement is racist by definition."   Posting those simple ideas on social media would get them cancelled.  This is not an esoteric discussion, this is what exist today.  This is the spiralling oppression you support Bruce.   Which of the circles the author depicted do you see yourself in?

bruce MN
Advisor

if there actually is an organized antifa from what is projected that they are the reason your old man was harassed isn’t on their radar

Which depicts just  how idiotic it is that so many particular  Catholics are far RW cultists. 

Who are just lined up at an idealogical smorgasbord. You hate indiscriminately and have no pride when it comes to  grabbing an entree. 

bruce MN
Advisor

Free country man. Freedom for you and your kids to say anything they please. 

Cancel paranoia is playing out like a famous Our Gang episode.

Driven by people who want desperately to say something but knowing up front that it’s going to hit a touchstone, but really really kinda, sorta wanna.