cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

your papers please

"Over the Christmas season, the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) quietly announced that America was walking down that path. By 2016, all domestic air travel will require either a traditional passport or a federally-compliant ID card called "Real ID." State driver's licenses will no longer allow Americans access to domestic flights, as they do now. Real ID will constitute an internal passport. (The drop-date date is commonly reported as January.)"

http://safehaven.com/article/36645/tsa-demands-internal-passport-for-domestic-travel

18 Replies
Veteran Advisor

Re: your papers please

Real ID was signed into law in 2005! Ring a bell??
Honored Advisor

So if Bush signed ID into law...you are against it??     And Obama will work to repeal it??

I have a feeling Obama is just fine with it and you`ll blindly follow suit.

Senior Contributor

OK I have a passport.  Then again I'm leaving the country.

I can see where this is a heartship.  People will have to acquired ID prior to flying.  Who flies and how?

Who are we suspicious of for flying our airlines?  I don't know that non-Americans are the sole issue.  Although it may be, as a mechanism of possibility, that foriegners with intention would easily aquire a DL?

I don't know if this is a means of security.  I would however like to have a handle on individuals in our country.  I really would.  If I had more information, we might be more effective and besides this it is a deterent.

Senior Contributor

Terrorists should be card carrying members of the terror organization to which they belong.

We could all use a little more truth.  Less fiction.  Less emotion and more truth.

Veteran Advisor

You sir, are an idiot. You are the one against it. I just pointed out that your hero was the one who signed it into law. I really don't give a **bleep**what you do. I have a passport and a military ID card so I really don't care what you have to do!
Honored Advisor

And if you really did wear this country`s uniform, they must have really been scraping the bottom of the barrel, cause if you really believe the crap you post on here, you sir are NO less than a traitor.

That said, I never agreed 100% of what Bush did, I voted for him twice and he was by far the "lesser evil", this TSA ID crap is something that I DISAGREE with.  You apparently have made the considerations to back your boy, when he allows it to go by unimpeded.  You supported Bush on that...and that figures, because it`s totalitarianism.

Veteran Advisor

By the very fact that I did wear the uniform makes me head and shoulders above you. What crap do I post here? Showing you that your posts are 90% at least lies, misinformation and/or fantasy? By posting rebuttals to your BS does not make me a traitor regardless of whether you disagree. I had NEVER even heard of this fed ID until yesterday. I don't fly any more so have no need to worry about it. I didn't support bush on anything but I'm sure that at the time you did. You remember the Patriot Act don't you. You are a lost boy living in Never Never Land! You take your "traitor" nonsense and stick it.
Senior Contributor

@schnurrbart wrote:
By the very fact that I did wear the uniform makes me head and shoulders above you

By the very fact that you make that sort of claim shows you had nor have an understanding of what it means to wear that uniform BA

Honored Advisor

You won`t succinctly denounce the "Patriot" Act or this new ID requirements...the boys you vote for won`t repeal them, so by default it`s not too far on a limb to say that "you`re okay with this totalitarianism".   The fact that you claim anyway to have worn this country`s uniform and aren`t at least bothered by it, makes you a traitor.  Oh I know I know I know, "When you`re in the Army you gotta follow orders....idiot!"  yes, no one is disputing that, but after the fact, as a civilian are you not free to express a more freedom friendly opinion?

It`s always been said that "Thank a Veteran or you`d be speaking Japanese or German or Korean or Vietnamese or have to be freedom restricted as the satelites of the Soviet Union were".   Well, what are we seeing now????   In some parts of the country traffic sign, public notices, even voting ballots are in Spanish 

http://www.jsonline.com/news/milwaukee/feds-order-milwaukee-to-provide-voting-rules-in-spanish-13164...

Looks like to me that the Mexicans won...we are "speaking Spanish"....thank a veteran?

With the ID requirements, our travel arrangements will become similar to that of East Germany ...thank a veteran?

No thank the damned one worlder globalists.  The veterans have done their part in the past while Plutocrats have stolen that hard fought freedom, which outside of a border agent nary a shot was fired.

And for someone who claims to have served, took a vow to the Constitution and was discharged honorably that is now okay with the direction of the country..that is traitorous.   Someone that is happy with the raid on America`s freedoms in the recent years, must have been damned miserable in America`s past +50 years and should not have served in the military.

I`ll say this yes Bush was a asshoIe because of the "Patriot" Act and ID requirements....Now, will you say that Obama is a asshoIe because he isn`t using the bully pulpit against it?   or are you too happy with your entitlement check that you`ll evade the question....you know Judas sold out Jesus for 30 pieces of silver, I guess all we have to do is see you liberal`s entitlement check to see how much it took for you to sell out America.