a 326 motor that gets fuel in the engine oil. is that probably the seal on the pump? thanks.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

a 326 motor that gets fuel in the engine oil. is that probably the seal on the pump? thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Advisor

i would think so

Senior Contributor

That's gas not diesel, right?  I would think there is a fouling in the spark chain.  Either the distributor, the connections or the spark plugs themselves.  You can buy di-electric grease at the Auto-Parts store.  You would glob it on all of these things (not in the combustion chamber of course).

Contributor

Hi BA Deere! While we're dealing with this darn technology, here's the EngineAnswerman's answer!

Dear Sir,

I apologize for my delay in getting back to you ---- computer problems! Until I get it resolved please contact me via SFengineman@agriculture.com.

Now on to your question.

The most common reason for diesel fuel in the oil would be as you stated, a leak in the seal in the injection pump. It separates the fuel side of the pump from the lubrication side. The only caveat being that your pump must use engine oil for lubrication. Some older pumps (I do not know the year of your tractor or injection pump brand/style) had a dipstick and an internal sump for its own oil. Thus, the key will be if your injection pump is fed oil from the engine's lubricating system, then most likely it is the seal. But please keep in mind that is the most common place for oil dilution to originate but not the only one.

You make no mention of the engine running poorly, smoking, misfiring. etc. so the possibility is very high that it is the seal. If the engine ran poorly then it could be an injector/nozzle or some other more complex issue but in your case I do not believe it is so.

Thank you so much for reading SF and contacting me. Again I am sorry for the long delay in getting back to you. If I can be of any other help or you want to discuss this in more detail please for now e-mail me at the address provided.

Have a blessed day.

Ray T. Bohacz
Contributor

BA Deere, 

I'm Jordan Anderson with Agriculture.com. We're struggling with the Engine Answerman's log in. He has a thorough answer for your question and will get it to you when we get this all straightened out! 

Thank you for your patience!

Twitter Stream
Ask a Question