cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

$128+cwt Tama

Iowa fats today.  Wednesday auction.

some packer cows near $80 cwt there today too.

kinda thinking cows could have a run to the mid 90's or mid 100 to 110 cwt range by August.

guess we'll see.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Veteran Advisor

Re: $128+cwt Tama

$65.oo   will  by  numerous  cows  in  the  N.  High  Plains ,  while  I  noticed  at  Fat  Cattle  sale  on  Tuesday  had  exXtreme  top  of  $127.oo  on  N I   and  $126.oo  on  D  F 's  -   with  2500  head  offerings  - - -

Numerous  at  $123.oo   -  $124.oo  -  -  -

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

Tama

http://tamalivestock.com/may8markets.htm.

$1.28.25 was the extreme top. Most traded under that. Three dollars lower than a week ago.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

There's  a big difference in cows.

those Shelly 65 cent cows are actually not much (  need 60 to 100 days of feed ) as compared to a Commercial kinda cow.

Commercial as you know are thee same as Choice Quality Grade ( same marbling  ) except for age.

Thats why there's $77 to $82cwt cows there in Your area too.

Takes some body condition And just a bare grease cover to make Commercial.

Comercial is the steaks for outfits like Golden Corral , bonanza , western sizzlen , etc etc etc

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

You really need to check Lanesboro too. Maybe we'll get you " up to speed " yet. LoL.
0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

I  did ,   May  8th  -  850  head   -   -   - ''  Up  To ''   $135. oo  on  N I  -  D F 

High  Choice  $123. oo    -   $127.oo

Holstein       $80.oo    to  $96.oo

Cows           $40.oo    to  $67.oo   

May 8   2019  website  report                                                       

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

It has been a while since I posted this graph.

Tama Choice Steer & Choice Holstein Comparison.jpg

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Re: $128+cwt Tama,

Perhaps you need to post More while the market is going UP. LOL.

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

Tama   had  280  head  -  on  5 - 22 - 19  -   choice  strs.  $119  -  $124   

USDA  report  5 -24 - 2019   Kansas   total all  grades,  778  head, avg. dress 663,  avg. wt  1353,   avg. price  $114 -  $115 

of these 80%  choice  526 head , avg. wt  663.5      wt   1367     avg.  price  $114.oo

These  fat  prices  are  NO  Sunday  School  picnic  -  with  UP  being  side  down  =  =  =                                                                

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

wrightcattle,

I agree, but unfortunately the market is not cooperating.  I did read some opinions this week that seem to indicate the decline might be over!

I would like to chat with you sometime, when is a good time for me to call?

0 Kudos