cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

Re: For wrightcattle (Markwright)

Another thing talked  to my sis in vegas over the weekend and asked if she thought beef was getting to high said she didn't really notice if your gonna eat you just pay the price.

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

Crophugger, explain yourself when you say there isn't much reward for the risk?  You and I must be on the opposite ends of the spectrum when we are looking at the near future of the cattle industry.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Shaggy you and I probably been in the business a few years. A young guybtrying to get started without some help will be paying on those cows a long time time you figure feed costs death loss opens just not much left if equipment has to be purchased you're gonna be at ot a long time.  Costs vary a lot from operation to operation moreso in cattle than any other. If you can put some cheap feed together and find a cheap place to rent you might have a chance. Now if MW is right on his price predictions projections that will make it a lot easier. Any cheaper than now and it'll never work for a young guy. I'd hate to go out and borrow a bunchbof money to get started at these prices.

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

Thanks CH, I understand what you are meaning now.

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

Re: Harvest numbers are down more than 8% when

The export numbers are  "interesting " with muscle cuts down 2% although variety cuts are up 14% - oh well the something is up so could have an interesting conversation about this at ICON meeting this weekend ---

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor

The new today says seafood is going higher due to a small harvest from the sea.

Beef price will fit right in.  Cheap gas frees a lot of spending $ for the avg joe.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Re: That nat deal has me baffled, is it

I agree that the other website’s handling of this situation is baffling; however, I do not believe it has anything to do with their server or storage.  If their website were overloaded, it would be slow, but it has been consistently fast.

0 Kudos