cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Veteran Advisor

J B S on Increased Demand

J B S   stated  the  company  will  increase  offerings  of   ground  beef  due  to  surging  demand  - ? 

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Advisor

Re: J B S on Increased Demand

Yep. 

Hamburger market share Is by Far the largest beef market segment.. 

And hamburger use just keeps on expanding. 

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

While   Demand  is  surging ,  and  Kansas   direct  is  at  $105.oo  ,   -  ?   I'm  puzzled  at  the  equation  - ?   

0 Kudos
Advisor

@k-289 wrote:

While   Demand  is  surging ,  and  Kansas   direct  is  at  $105.oo  ,   -  ?   I'm  puzzled  at  the  equation  - ?   

A lot of hamburger comes from the non fed harvest. 

Cull cows / bulls etc.... Bout 120 to 150000 head per week.. 

I'd say real good killer cows are towards $72cwt.....decent bulls say $85 cwt...  Cowettes say $90cst...and real high yield bulls say $115cwt.

Soo the afore is a big part of the beef grind too. 

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

Bulls  $1.15   -  Kansas  Fats  $1.05   -   hmmm 

0 Kudos
Advisor

@k-289 wrote:

Bulls  $1.15   -  Kansas  Fats  $1.05   -   hmmm 

It's All about Lean Yield.  I've seen the real Muscle type bulls bring more than fats lots of times. 

Say a salerxpied for instance is going to bring $15cwt over fat cattle Every time.

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

and  those  bulls  being  a  yield  grade  2,   3,   4,   5   without  a   discount  from  inspector  who  ?     

0 Kudos
Advisor

@k-289 wrote:

and  those  bulls  being  a  yield  grade  2,   3,   4,   5   without  a   discount  from  inspector  who  ?     

Perhaps You need to learn cattle.  

What I call a High Yield IS a high yield.  

Bulls are generally rated as a percent lean.    Say a 74 % lean for example.. 

TheYGs your talking bout.... Your not even realistic for fed cattle.  The lower a YG# the higher the net meat yield. 

A long time ago we had thee 1st pen of steers that Graded Choice and Yield Graded 0....

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

PerHaps   -  then  throw  away  the  testicle  remover,  and  for  many,  those  implant  gadgets  -   -   -  

although  you  can  only  sell  a  limited  amount  of  '''  Pizza  beef ""   -  so  pass  the  lean  salami ,  cause  that  dry  carcus  will soak  up  most  anything  -  -  -

leaves  ne  asking ,   If   yield  grade  5's - 1650#  ( discounts)are  to  large  for  the  chain ,  howZ   duza   a  2250  bull   slide  along  it  -    ? 

0 Kudos