cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Honored Advisor

Knickers and all the big cattle news

That Knickers Holstein steer stands 6`4'' is the rage, but if you look closely at the cattle he towers over, they look like small Irish cattle like Dexters, to make Knickers look even bigger. 

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/7873614/cattle-muscle-internet-argument-mutation/   

But like these double musceled  Piedmontese, you`d think they`d give new meaning to "$2 steaks" not to mention calving troubles.

Belgian Blues have a naturally occurring mutation called 'double-muscling'

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Veteran Advisor

Re: Knickers and all the big cattle news

Implant  Tsunami    -  I  suppose  -    -    -

0 Kudos
Advisor

Re: perhaps learn

Cattle a touch.

the picture you've posted is a Belgium Blue and cesarean sections are the norm w em.

piedmontese happen to be born strait muscled then the atrophy or double muscle starts to show in at 6 weeks to 8 weeks of age.

double muscled is the standard for culard beef in Europe...which is thee gourmet beef there.

sooo there's double muscled Charolais, Limousin, blonde Aquitaine, parthenaise etc etc etc.

pieds btw, are the Italian white veal which is made from yearling 11 to 1200 lb Piedmontese Bulls...fed a special ration to turn their meat a lighter color.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

It`s neither here nor there, but what I posted didn`t match up with the picture I posted.  I just wanted to grab a quick picture of a heavily muscled bull.   After I posted I halfway  through I thought maybe I should edit it a little …"but naw they`ll understand"  ...one in every crowd.

Have a great day Wrighty and  TRUMP 2020!   Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

I saw a picture of that guy on Drudge. My first thought was how would you like to get him in a head gate.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Locally there`s a big Holstein steer some claim is as big as Knickers.  Jerry Hall comes to load it up, it goes over or through anything that they coral it with, they say that thing is going to just die of old age in the pen that it`s in.   Personally, I`d shoot and butcher it right where it is, cause it`d bust up any sale barn, you`d have to haul it plant direct and they wouldn`t want anything that big.

I laugh thinking what it would do to a sleepy sale barn, it`d be similar to the Jonathan Winters gas station scene in It`s a Mad Mad Mad World  Smiley Very Happy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3DOHvR1-yw

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

U S  D  A   -  born  &  raised  BEEF  -  NO   ILLEGAL  IMMIGRATED  BEEF  -  -  - 

Ross Perot  Jr.  -  2020   -  -  -    

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

The National Cattlemans Beef Association is the problem.  And the packers, whenever talk is rolling on COOL they make some very inconvenient hoops for us average Joes to jump through, so as we "contact our congressperson to register our disagreement".    R-Calf should be given the same or greater clout than the entitled NCBA.

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

Attended  a  meeting  yesterday,  about  the   '''  consumer - customer '''  relations   -   -   - 

The  presentation  came  from  a  dairy - beef  producer  form eastern  state  related  that  the  consumer  will  pay  for known  source  -   -   -

His  example  being  the  craft  brewers  and  his  door  to  door  sales  of  milk ,  and  dairy   delights  -  -  - 

You   are  spot  on  B  A ,  and  eroding  GIPSA  from  the  farm  bill  being  a  beltway   SELLOUT    -   -   -    

0 Kudos