Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Veteran Advisor

Re: Protein Tubs

What are the costs of these tests ? 

0 Kudos
Veteran Contributor

Re: Protein Tubs

I'm not sure of the costs, but I just checked and this was 2002-2005.  Boy, sure doesn't seem like it was that long ago, but I guess time flies when you're having fun and apparently I've been having a lot of fun.  I seem to remember that at the time, the tests were something like $11-$18, but don't quote me on that.  I work for out county SWCD and NRCS had gotten a grant or something like that.  The idea was to test the nutritional quality of forages in Missouri.  I have the results on an Excel spreadsheet, if you are interested in them, email me at john.kirchhoff@swcd.mo.gov and I'll send it to you.  It's nothing elaborate by any means, but gives the date, forage description, protein, TDN, animal species and notes about the pasture, weather or animal type to help put things into context.  Bear in mind that this was in north central Missouri and while the results would likely apply to fescue, timothy, orchardgrass, red and ladino clover growing areas east, west and somewhat north and south, it would be useless for someone in Wisconsin grazing ryegrass or the deep south with someone grazing tropical grasses.       

0 Kudos