cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SupremeFarms
Senior Contributor

Two Cattle Photos

Took photos of our cattle this afternoon while feeding cubes, and decided to share a couple.  Enjoy!

Edited to add second photo.

IMG_2459.jpg

IMG_2493 - Version 2.jpg

0 Kudos
8 Replies
wrightcattle
Veteran Advisor

Re: Steph, Get Ready to Rock and Roll, our cows have cheapened up bout $400 to $500 per, AND

there's quite a few ranches bringing cows this next week too.

b 1 string 1 ranch sets...Spring calfers, calfing Now thru April...and mostly Young Blacks too.

Mark...in the Land of Enchantment Here.

0 Kudos
Shaggy98
Senior Advisor

Re: Two Cattle Photos

Excellent pictures, especially the black and white one.

0 Kudos
SupremeFarms
Senior Contributor

Re: Two Cattle Photos

Thanks, here is the same photo in color.

IMG_2493 - Version 2.jpg

0 Kudos
SupremeFarms
Senior Contributor

Re: Steph, Get Ready to Rock and Roll, our cows have cheapened up bout $400 to $500 per, AND

What do you think caused the $400-$500 per head drop?

Also, what are solid black, polled, P1’s and P2’s, 3-7 years old, bringing in the Land of Enchantment?

0 Kudos
wrightcattle
Veteran Advisor

Re: Lack of feed causes

more folks to save calves and sell some cows.

1 can develop 3 to 4 heifer calves for the same amount of feed as a cow consumes.

The P 1 cows are by the pound...say bout $140 to $150cwt weighing 1,000 ( plenty of extra frame need groceries ).

P 2 sisters to the afore....say bout $1,750 per.

The strait strings of 3 year old blacks calfing Now thru Spring been in the $1,800 to $2000 range ( Nice Cows ).

( be just a few Red Angus on em )

0 Kudos
SupremeFarms
Senior Contributor

Re: Lack of feed causes

Thanks for the information and price report.

0 Kudos
wrightcattle
Veteran Advisor

Re: Pray to Jesus, and You Run those Cattle, cause

that's thee Only 2 ways We can Change Tommorrow.

Steph...We might EASY Double UP on Cattle by 1 year from Today.  MO.

park them big tractors and letter grow back to grass , then run 2 cows for every 1 grass. 

MO, Now Times.

0 Kudos
SupremeFarms
Senior Contributor

Re: Pray to Jesus, and You Run those Cattle, cause

I agree 100% about praying.  The power of prayer is definitely underestimated.  There have been times in my life, when the only explanation for what occurred was a miracle that was a direct result of prayer.  I find it baffling that God has the desire to take care of my unimportant problems, but how much more baffling is it that God would send has Son (Jesus) to this sin filled world to die for sinners like me.

Many areas of Texas would reduce their water problems if farmers decided to plant native grasses instead of continuing to grow irrigated crops.  I wonder if 15 to 20 years from now grass will have overtaken cotton as the primary land use in West Texas.  It may depend on how much rain that area receives, and what cattle prices do.  Time will tell.

Steph

0 Kudos