cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wrightcattle
Veteran Advisor

Walmart is going to grass fed beef

In a big way now.

their current order is for 10k to 15,000 head.

Specific genetics from specific bulls etc.

its at decent dough too....in the $10 to $15 per lb range...depending on which primal.

anyway the afore is just for openers,  sooooo I expect the afore producers will be able to move a bunch more of the grass eaters.r

0 Kudos
5 Replies
k-289
Esteemed Advisor

Re: Walmart is going to grass fed beef

So  cull  cows  off  grass  should  be  an  ''  on  fire ''  market ?

0 Kudos
wrightcattle
Veteran Advisor

These are steers and heifers, If you would read the original post.

0 Kudos
k-289
Esteemed Advisor

I know  what  they  are  after  -  good  luck ,    although  an  aged  1st  or  2nd  calf   open  heifer,  would  fit  the  bill ,  HONESTLY ,  and  not  taste  like  sage  brush  - - -    

0 Kudos
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

We grilled some grass fed hamburgers in Wyoming from that little grocery store in Jackson and those were good burgers.   However, I wonder what grass fed steaks taste like?    But Walmart, we`ve never bought meat from that place and doubt we ever will.  Fareway in Clear Lake has the best meat market anywhere.

crauslara
Contributor

We also bought grass-fed meat, and it is very delicious. But I don't know if it has a difference in taste, but in price, it does. I like to cook burgers; they get pretty juicy, kids love burgers. I usually buy this type of meat when it is on sale as if there were discount coupons on https://www.dontpayfull.com I would buy more often. However, it is much more expensive for me than other types of meat. People are not often asked how much they have spent, but how much they have saved.

0 Kudos