Senior Advisor

Why like iPad?

What do you like about your iPad?  I recently bought an iPad1, the original version, specifically to run one app, an aviation information package called Foreflight.  This package is much cheaper than the equivalent in paper charts and manuals.  It's easier and lighter to carry.  It's a great value for the money.

I'm looking for more agriculture and farming apps.  They seem few and far between.  There is one called Leafsnap that says it will take a picture of a leaf and identify the tree.  It would be nice to have something like that for bugs and weeds.

I've downloaded some free books but haven't spend much time reading them yet.  

There are some nice weather apps, but not specifically for farming.  I got a nice calculator but it's nothing that a $5 hand held version won't do.  

I'd like to see an app that would have all the info you'd find in a farm guide.  Conversion tables.  Gestation tables.  Plant growth stages.  How to calculate the contents of a bin or crib.

There is a lot of room for development.  I think my buy is worth it to me, but not because of farming, so far.