Honored Advisor

Re: New Fungicides Better

This reads like a lot of prior proclamations on this subject ----- the last line is telling....

the first line states something the last line denies.....

"decidedly better against GLS than older products" ---- leading one to think there are new formulations of fungicides available.

"Disease was reduced more than 90% compared to the non-sprayed control."   ------my assumption ----So there was no comparison between fungicides, only a comparison with no fungicide applied.......

Wow, even a tiny %, say 5% improvement is leaf health and no change in yield would meet that statement.  All I am saying is their conclusion statements are a clue as to the lack of amazing results...

Read the test published where the untreated test has a yield of 238 b/a    and the very best treatment in the test is at 243.---- Less than 1% improvement in a region where climate should provide the very best results.  

Out here on the fringe my tests haven't been that good...

This continues to be one of the most promoted and hyped "snake oil" projects in corn production...Until there is proof of economic benefit to production.....  The economic benefit to promotion is well tested and widely proven.