cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor

!2 billion???? who gets left out

Does anyone in DC have a calculator?   Soybean production about 4,600,000,000 bushels.  $1.65 per bushel is $7,590,000,000. This whole package is priced at 48% of production.  So the question is who gets left out?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Re: !2 billion???? who gets left out

Leave it to the government to have stupid mathematics, like figuring SS tax "Take .9274% of your income times 15.3% and that`s your SS tax" ...why not just say "take 14.19% times your income"??   And with the bean bailout why not "80 cents a bushel" instead of  "divide this by that and subtract that and kill a chicken under a full moon"?  

Or if they want to give the illusion of giving out a lot of money say "the payment is $6.60 per bushel, but divide by 4"  Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Most likely soybean growers who are not in the "farm program."  

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

Ask  The  Kansas  Corn  Growers  Ken McCauley  about  his  thoughts  on  the  .01/ bushel   '''  rebate '''  -   -   -

Although  $200,000,000.oo  is  in  place  as  a  ''''  discovery  of  NEW  markets  ''''   as  a   ''' nice  gesture  '''  -  interesting,   exploitation  or  exploration  is  the  ?     

Senior Contributor

$12 Billion? Get real, Everyone is getting " gamed " to

Nothing on this.

that is how Gaming Works.

beans are going up soooo...farmers don't need the $12 Bill anyway....that's how gaming works.

trump is a gamer and the rest of the govt will now follow his supposedly acceptable example for decades now and on forward.

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

My understanding is you have to sign the paper that says you farm nice.  You don't have to take ARC or PL? or anything.  So, I guess half in/half out of the farm program.  I'm all out so I don't get anything.  That's OK with me, I think the whole farm program should be gutted.

0 Kudos