cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Another Storm

Jump to solution

The final "official" snow fall was 17" of snow containing just over 1" of moisture.

Blizzards can be a real pain in the a**, but the moisture was more then welcomed.

My radio just beeped a couple hours ago warning us Kansans of another storm that is shaping up to give us additional snow late Sunday into Monday.  Too early for any predictions, but I would welcome another foot.Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
13 Replies
Frequent Contributor

Re: Another Storm

Jump to solution

I don't know where u you are in KS, but out here in far western KS we only got around 6-7". 17" inches yielding only 1". It was not a very wet snow then. We are so dy here that 95% of the wheat didn't emerge. So, we would take 2 feet of snow without blinking.

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

Jump to solution

I think I might have hit the solution accepted button, oops.

I agree with the 1" of moisture comment, I think there is more there than that.  It was making nice snow balls as it was falling.  I would agree with 1.5"-2".  That was our so called "official" recorded amount.

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

Jump to solution
Just heard, early predictions of 6"-12" on this second storm. Sounds like the further south we go, the higher accumulation possibility.
0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

Jump to solution

I'll be glad when you guy's get your fill out there !!!!  Your playing he11 on me getting anything done out here !!!!

I have fert . to spread and some trees to cut up from storms and you guy's KEEP sending this chitty weather !!!

It's so wet out here from all them storm's you pasted up that I'll be lucky to start planting by June , let alone april or may !

This WHOLE next week is chitty weather --- ALL week , rain snow mix, freezing rain , sleet , mix , sleet and snow mix , rain , snow sleet with freezing rain mix and COLD  !!

How about you guys just go with some nice rain and warm weather --- OK ???

Thanks in advance .

Ken

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

Jump to solution
Sounds like you have been slacking all winter long if your work has stacked up that bad.

Lets see, I got all my fertilizer spread before the PREDICTED storm, all the trees that could have caused issues, well I trimmed them when it was 50 degrees, and burned the limbs while there was snow on the ground on spread the ash on fields. What do you call this, oh ya, PLANNING. HA HA

I'm not planning on sending you any storms, I want them all for us desert farmers, in fact, if you ship me some of your rotten weather, I'll even pay the freight.

Enjoy the 500, I sure will knowing all my work is caught up!
0 Kudos
Contributor

Jump to solution

Its seems here to that it snows everyday. the good thing is that it isn't to cold.

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

Jump to solution

Let me see here ? Slinger said it snows every day BUT it's not cold ? I sorry my friend from WS ,BUT WTF here ???  It snows -- and is NOT cold --- LMAO here !! Even Shaggy knows that it takes 32 degree's for rain to go to snow , and 32 IS cold ! I may have to make a call to our old buddy LA 345 and have him get on here ,I sure he would agree with me on this matter ! 

Slinger  I here that DB-51 has opened up a winter resort down there in Southern IL , complete with sand around the pool area and a outside pool side bar  for you guy's in WS and MN -- LMAO

0 Kudos
Contributor

Jump to solution

Well I'll tell ya how it is Ken ole buddy, the other day it was a balmy 36 degrees out and got 8 inches of the white stuff when all said and done. got down to 25 at night and had another 6 inches in the morning. it went 12 days with at least 1 to 2 inches each day.

getting real sick and tired of pushing snow around.

Its going to be a mess in a few weeks when this all melts. So far this winter we've gotten 52 inches of snow,avg for a winter here is 31. last year we got only 21 inches of snow.

35 degrees up here and we walk around in T-shirts.

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

Jump to solution

http://www.hutchnews.com/Latestlocalnews/Western-Kansas-in-blizzard-warning

More snow, this keeps getting better and better.  Man I'm glad I got my wheat top dressed last Saturday.

0 Kudos