cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Anyone Buying Fertilizer?

I haven't even started looking, but wonder if anyone has gotten any prices on fertilzer so far this year?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Re: Anyone Buying Fertilizer?

All I have got done Jim is I have my 28 priced and locked in - 182 @ ton - I think - brought 2 months ago - Now I'm going to look it up - lol

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Reader

I have inquired prices down significantly from last year but not enough to be profitable at the low commodity prices. Have not pulled the trigger but probably will on 50% of my 2017 needs shortly after Jan1, gotta get something on the books. Good Luck!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

I bought 28% back in September for December delivery. 161/Ton
Had potash spread on bean stubble that went into wheat in October. Just a hair under 400 if I remember correctly. But I'm in the east with a +.85 corn basis πŸ˜€
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

oh my ........... that invokes a serious case of envy....................Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Chickens and turkeys are a big thing about an hour south of me sw. We have varied soils and a lot of rocks, but it pays pretty well to farm around here if you keep good records and know a little about what your land can do. Fuel is my biggest expense as I have to truck beans 2.5 hours and wheat about 3. Sleeping in the truck is my vacation away from the wife!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Is the "poop" in DC just too hot for the soil?   Smiley Happy

I also envy the location,  but I am sure there are a lot of issues involved in doing business in the "east coast" population.  That is a long way to go for an initial market...  We sometimes deliver it that far to get away from our market.

Good to read your thoughts again..

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

0-0-60 - $300

11-52-0 - $450

46-0-0 - $340

ESN  -  $480

NH3 - $500

N serve- $42/gal

28-0-0 - $182