cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shaggy98
Senior Advisor

Baling Oats

A little video my son put together of us baling oats.  As you can see we had to kick it up a notch towards the end to try and beat a small rain shower that was moving in on us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKXKXyXOtP4

0 Kudos
9 Replies
rawhide
Advisor

Re: Baling Oats

great video!  but I noticed something----The rock walls of your castle are not high enough to keep someone from falling over into the moat. Please check your building code handbook.

0 Kudos
JCCWIS
Senior Contributor

What exactly is that " Cloud " following the baler around???  No problems like that in my neck of the woods way back to May 1 !

Second part of vidio belongs in u-tube speed farming.....hi-speed plowing comes too mind !! lol Interestig way to get more acres covered per vidio.

Shaggy...geting enough of the rains to keep the milo on track ?????

John

0 Kudos
Shaggy98
Senior Advisor

The milo isn't really suffering yet, but we could really use a nice rain about now.

0 Kudos
ECIN
Senior Advisor

Nice Video Shag - But to me - you would get a lot more done if yo didn't stop all the time to spit out the bale - you need to dump on the go my man - Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
Shaggy98
Senior Advisor

Looks like it is in the works ECIN.  I believe Deere is working on one too as well as many others in the baler Mfg industry.  We all know now that the race is on.  The race not being who can manufacture and market the best continuous round baler, but rather who can get their executive board to approve the sale of these balers to the public first.  Can't you already hear the marketing slogan "brand X", the first to bring the continuous round baling system available to market.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_knIdfkd-E

0 Kudos
Ianbeer
Frequent Contributor

That's pretty cool Shaggy. Thanks for sharing that video.  🙂

0 Kudos
sw363535
Honored Advisor

That second shift operator gets er done....

0 Kudos
buckfarmer
Senior Contributor

Cool video. Zack Brown Band at the beginning?
0 Kudos
Shaggy98
Senior Advisor

Oats all hauled in and stacked.  68 6' bales from 19 acres.  I can only imagine what it would have produced if I'd have planted straight oats and not an oat cover crop blend.

0 Kudos