cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Honored Advisor

Bean Pics

Scouting for aphids, none seen here, though sprayers and planes and helicopters busy.  Reported spray planes have lowest amount of winged aphid guts on their windshields they`ve seen in years, yet they spray.  Some must have money burning a hole, what happened to Integrated Pest Management???

image.png

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Honored Advisor

Re: Bean Pics

What short beans?  They are belly button high, here they are in front of my hip hop abs   Smiley Happy   I guess just so they don`t lodge. 

image.png

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

GGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE WWWWWWWWWWWIIIIIIIIIZZZZZZZZZZZ BA ! - I bet if you hold them beans straight up in stead of going around that belly they would be another 8 - 9 inch's tall - lol

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

I`m actually 4`-2", them beans are only 2 foot  Smiley Happy    So how goes it in Indiana, Ken?  The coops out there scaring farmers into spraying aphids when there`s one aphid every 200 feet like around here?  A couple weeks ago everyone was saying "when they were spraying fungicide, I told `em to throw in a little Warrior too."   Well heck, that`s how super bugs are created, just like the over use of Roundup gave us Waterhemp and Palmer.  

But spraying fungicide in a moderate drought and spraying bugs that ain`t there, don`t tell me we ain`t got any money.  

Senior Advisor

Well BA - Don't know where to start - lol 

We have confirmed Southern Rust near me - I sprayed all my corn with insecticide and fungicide last week - then Did a custom job on Sat . Wife was thrilled to death over that one : ))

Choppers have been working hard the last week - 10 days - I think the rust  deal stirred them up = just insurance - would be my guess : )

Corn = well there was 3 main planting dates here - April 12- 18 -- April 21-24 - May 15 - the ealy stuff looks great - have been in some - still looks great - Mid planting - train wreck ! bad stands - many replanted 2 or 3 times - loss on N big time - you name it - Last planting - still has holes in it - N loss don't appear to be as bad as Mid .

Bean - lots of holes in them - Found some frogeye in mine last week -  Had to reeducate myself on it - then asked Dr. Wise on her opinion and Have decided to let them go    - right or wrong ? tell you this fall : ))

Over all view of crops here - are all over the place - Good to bad - Lots of lost acres in both . I think I can say that Indiana will be hurt bad come fall - there are - will be a lot that will have the big one when they start to roll - as in - it's worse than they thought - How do I come to this opinion - I get to run up and down the road in the Hagie + plus seeing whats really happening out in the fields .

Nice looking beans you have BA !  It must be nice to live and farm ground where al you have to do is walk out there and throw out a few seeds and have a bumper crop every year - lol

Be safe

Ken

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Thanks Ken.  There`s problems around here too, see crops put in early, even "too early" are fairing the best.   April 13th, I think is nuts around here, but they do it year after year and come out smelling like a rose. So, this year the nutty early planters had warm weather and got off good, guys like me early May were good, but the few that planted corn after the 10th of May had trouble, it was cold/wet and turned dry, many of those re-planted June 1 and they have a wreck.  

With beans too, those planting late May had poor stands, some sat in dry soil until end of June.  We`ve been in a mild drought (even too dry for me)  but about 1/2 what we needed just before it was too late.   But many swear by fungicide corn and beans every year buying into the propaganda of "12 bushels better!!!"  .   But one guy was talked into fungicide in 2012 drought year, on the test non-applied field it was actually a bushel better yield the agronomist said "Aw it was a dry year...it doesn`t pay on dry years"....."well why the hell didn`t you tell me that before you sold it to me????????"   Smiley Happy He claimed all they did was drove on beans and cost him a bushel in yield.  

But this rust deal is a whole new animal.   Good Luck Ken.

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

I always suspected BA was a midget

0 Kudos